Hades

Thomas:

The Furies, joy. I fought one of them once, but I barely escaped with my life. That's why my father and I moved closer to Olympus. The closer you are to the sacred mountain, the fewer, and less powerful, the monsters are.

Sabia walked strait up to the Furies and spoke, "Alecto, Megaera, and Tisiphone, I presume. Please take us to your master."

"Why should we?" asked one of the three.

"Because I have business to discuss with him."

"Again, as Trisiphone asked, why should we?" asked another.

"Now, now, Megaera, this is the mortal goddess Hades has been waiting for," I presumed this was Alecto since she was the only one left to speak.

"I think we should fight her, Alecto. See if the rumors are true that she is the daughter of wisdom and ocean," Trisiphone suggested.

"Perhaps we will later if Hades decrees it," Alecto replied.

Trisiphone pouted as we entered the enormous structure that was Hades palace. I looked over at my sister and noticed she was examining the architecture of the place. I smiled knowing how she felt. This was my first trip inside the Underworld.

I've visited the Styx many times just to view the entrance to the one place I've always wanted to visit. I know stupid right, but my best friend, Aleia, died last year because she was stupid enough to ride in an air plain. Aleia was the daughter of Hades, and granddaughter to Poseidon, so the trip in the air was the stupidest thing she could ever do. Zeus struck her plain down, and she didn't survive.

"Alecto, have you met the spirit of Aleia daughter of Hades?" I asked.

"Yes, I did," she replied coldly.

"Can you tell me where she went? Elysium? Asphodel?"

"Her father insisted she land Elysium."

"Thanks," I replied relieved that my friend managed a proper fate.

The rest of our trip to the throne room was silent. As we walked, my mind ran many different scenarios for if we fight the Furies. None of them seemed too promising.

The throne room was amazing. It had a vaulted ceiling with Ancient Greek architectural columns, and in the center was a pair of thrones. One was built from wilted flowers and the other was made of bones. Sitting on the bone throne was Hades the god of the Underworld himself. Behind the throne was a man around Sabia's age. He looked just like Hades. I guessed that he was his son.