Underworld Here We Come

Sabia:

"Man," Thomas answered calmly.

He was allowed to pass, then the Sphinx eyed me. "Now it is your turn to solve a riddle, goddess."

"Ask away."

" I am the black child of a white father; A wingless bird, flying even to the clouds of heaven. I give birth to tears of mourning in pupils that meet me, and at once on my birth I am dissolved into air."

I thought through that riddle. I had heard it before, but where? After a minute of thinking, I remembered the answer, "Smoke."

"Correct. It seems both of you may pass."

We left quickly in case the Sphinx changed its mind. That's when Thomas turned to me.

"What did she mean when she called you a goddess?" he asked me.

"Both of my parents are gods. My mother is Athena, as I already told you, and my father, well that's another thing all together."

"Who is your father?"

"Poseidon."

"But, mother wouldn't. She hates Poseidon."

"That's what I thought too, but she wouldn't lie. You know she wouldn't."

"Yeah. It's just hard to believe. Mother and Poseidon," Thomas replied surprised.

"I know, but let's not worry about all that, and keep heading West."

Thomas nodded in agreement.

We traveled for another two days before we came to the Styx. I walked strait over to the bank, and was about to step in before Thomas grabbed the back of my shirt preventing me from submerging.

"You step in there, and you will die."

"Oh," was all I said.

Thomas walked along the river bank till he found a dock. I didn't see how that would solve our predicament. At least I didn't see it till a boat with a hooded figure appeared. I guessed that the hooded figure was Charon.

"Charon," Thomas greeted.

"What buisness do you have here, you are not dead?" asked Charon.

"We come to save my beloved," I replied coldly.

"Is he dead?"

"No, Lord Hades has captured him. I intend to rescue him."

Charon held out his hand. I wasn't sure what we were supposed to do. Thankfully, Thomas did. He pulled a few coins from his pocket, and placed them in Charon's outstretched hand.

"Climb aboard," Charon told us.

The trip to Hades palace was uneventful. Once there, though, was another story entirely. There were deathly guards from all sorts of wars. There were Ancient Greek soldiers, Roman Centurions, Revolutionary War soldiers both British and American, and even soldiers from the wars going on now. Their unblinking gaze scared me more than grisly appearances. At the gates were three old hags with wings, the Furies.

---------------------____________________---------------------------------______________-

Okay, so I'm cliffhangering it again. I actually love cliff hangers.

Do you think they will have to fight? What is going to happen?