fifteen

// sorry its late and short but got writers block, again, soz✌ //

ASHTON POV

I shrug following Luke into Calums house.

I don't know what to think, the girl was great, the date was great. I just didn't feel anything, I didn't feel butterflies in my stomach every time she smiled or laughed.

I didn't love everything about her, she was kind and pretty, but there was no instant connection.

Maybe Luke was right though, I need to move on from Laura, she has, its about time I do too I guess.

'Guys?' Luke shouts when we enter

'in here' Cal replies.

'Hey' I smile joining them, I can't help but glance at Laura who is staring at me.

Wow, she is beautiful.

'how was the date?' Calum pushed and Luke shrugged before I replied.

'great, it was really great' I grinned and Luke frowned glancing over at me.

'but you s-' Luke starts before I interrupt him.

'I think I really like her.' I force and all the boys frown before recovering it with a smile.

'that's really good to hear man' Michael smiles hitting my on the back.

'yeah, good for you Ash.' Laura smiles and leans forward picking up a controller.

I sigh as Luke grabs my arm pulling me in the other room.

'what was that?'

'what?'

'I thought you didn't like the date?' he sighs and I shrug

'I changed my mind.'

'what about Laura?' He urges and I groan shaking my head.

'We're friends, nothing else.' I sigh finishing the conversation and going back into the other room.

LAURA POV

I overhear Luke say my name and I instantly glance at Calum who slides closer to the door trying to listen, but we all heard his response loud and clear.

'we're friends, nothing else.'

Of course. I knew it, this isnt some fairytale, we can't live happily ever after together. Wrong time, wrong place I guess.

We've both changed, we're different people now and I can't change that, I'm too late, I always am.

A few seconds later the two boys emerge into the room and I turn back towards the screen, finishing the game.

'Gonna head home now' I mumble throwing the controller down.

'you sure?' calum asks and I nod slipping on my shoes,

'wait, didn't you need to tell me something?' Ashton speaks up following me to the front door and I sigh shaking my head.

'Nope, not that I can remember' I shrug faking a smile.