seventeen

'It's a dumb idea right?' I groan covering my face with my hands.

'No I think it's really good' Calum grins and I look at him smiling.

'seriously?'

'Yup, this will definitely win him back, I promise you.' He smiles and I sigh clapping my hands.

He then looks at me confused, 'what?' I ask and he raises an eyebrow.

'well, don't you have planning to do?' He ushers and I grin hugging him and running towards my bedroom.

So, apparently the boys had noticed me and Ashton recently, flirting and being so happy with each other so have constantly bugged me about it.

Plus we all know he wouldn't ask me out again after everything cause he probably thinks I'd reject him.

So I shall try and prove to him, I love him and want him back..

Yes, it's cheesy but it's happening.. Tonight.

'Laura' Calum shouts and I poke my head out of my room.

'I'm gonna go pick up your stuff' he winks twirling his keys around his finger.

I grin and peck him on the cheek, 'thank you!' I squeal and grin thinking about tonight..

I really hope this works, I don't think I've ever been this nervous, what if he says no? Or laughs at me?

'Hey, Cal told me about tonight' Michael says entering the room, I nod sitting on my bed.

'It will be fine, don't look so nervous' he assured me and I nod.

'He's already said he'll be out for a couple hours later anyway, surprise or something for Luke' he shrugs and I nod again.

'You'll be fine' he says throwing an arm around me.

'I know I'm just scared'

'of what?' He sighs frowning.

'Rejection.'

ASHTON POV

I grinned tapping my hands on the steering wheel, and glance over at Katie.

'I'm so excited to see Luke' she smiles and I chuckle turning towards the house.

'It'll be the best surprise ever, he has no idea' I sigh smiling.

'I hope he's happy to see me, I mean what if he doesn't like me anymore, oh god' she mumbles and I shake my head.

'You're all the boy talks about,stop worrying he likes you.' I assure her and she smiles before looking down again.

I park outside the house and put my hands on hers, 'you'll be fine I promise'

'Thanks for this Ashton. You're such a good friend to him' and I shrug smiling before getting out.

I fumble with my keys and unlock the door leading Katie in before stopping in my tracks.

All the lights were off.

Candles everywhere.

What?

'Ashton-'

'I don't know, I didn't plan this' I mumble interupt her.

She follows me slowly as I pick up a piece of paper from the floor.

If today I woke up with you right beside me. Like all of this was just some twisted dream, I'd hold you closer than I ever did before.

Amnesia? What is going on?

'Look rose petals' Katie grins, and skips off following them which lead towards one of the bedrooms.

Katie puts her hand on the door, and I stop her and pull the door open myself, examining the room.

Rose petals were all over the floor and there she stood in front of me,guitar in her hand and a beautiful smile on her face.

'Ashton?'

LAURA POV

'Ashton?' A voice behind him asks and out steps a girl, a pretty girl, a really pretty girl.

And my heart drops.

And at that moment it felt as if everything was in slow motion, It was her, the girl he'd been dating.

Of course he didn't like me, he liked her, he was over me, how could I be so stupid.

'Get out' I whisper and Ashton opens his mouth before and I slam my door shut. Sliding down it, and bursting into tears.

I can't believe I actually thought I had a chance with him.

'Laura' Ashton shouts banging on the door.

I quickly grab my phone from the floor, shaking I call Michael.

'Come home, now.' Is all I say before hanging up and throwing my phone at the wall.

How could things have gone so wrong?