10

"Adrian, come here." Clarke tells me. I've returned from hunting less than two hours ago, and I was trying to have some time to myself.

I sigh and follow her into a small tent. Once inside, I see a tanned girl with brown eyes and dark hair pulled into a ponytail. She's gorgeous.

"Hi, I'm Raven." The girl hardly looks at me; she's focused on some kind of project. Bullets cover every hard surface, but that isn't what she's working on. She's staring at a large empty can, trying to figure something out.

"I'm Adrian." I say.

"Raven's trying to figure out how to turn this can into a weapon. She's thinking about more land mines. What'd you see when you were sent to look for traps?" Clarke questions.

"Nothing. Everything was clear and plain." I shrug. She nods.

"Alright. Thank you. You can go now."

I watch Raven for another second before taking off.

Though I've been released by Clarke, I am not granted time alone. Vivian runs up to me, excitement obvious in her manner.

"Adrian, want to come down to the river with me?" She blurts.

"Sure."

The walk is short, especially with Vivian skipping the whole way there. I'm not sure what's got her so worked up, but I imagine she'll tell me.

My imagination serves me correct. We strip to underwear and hop into the cool water. She turns to me with the biggest smile on her lips.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend!" She exclaims.

"That's great!" I grin. "I knew it would happen!"

We take longer than usual to clean ourselves, savoring the time away from everyone else.

"You know, people are starting to assume things about you and Bellamy." She informs me.

"I knew they would." I say, using my hand to rub dirt from my forearm. My left arm is still proving to be next to useless.

"I kind of think you guys would be cute." She throws in.

"Ha ha."

"I'm serious!"

"Viv, I hate him." I state.

She shakes her head and starts getting dirt from under her nails.

"I don't think you do. You're just trying to protect yourself. But I think that you should just try to forgive him."

Why does everyone keep saying that?

"You know, you never gave me details about why a half naked Jasper was in your bed yesterday." I am quick to change the subject.

Immediately, she smiles and blushes. For a few seconds, she doesn't say anything.

"Vivian, did you guys-"

"No! It isn't like that yet! He isn't the kind of guy to just sleep with people." she states. I nod.

"Alright."

We finish getting clean and sit by the water to dry in the sun.

"Do you think we'll have kids?" she asks me.

"It's been a day." I chuckle.

"Do you?"

"I mean, probably." I shrug. "If you both want them, I'm sure it will happen."

She nods and then it's quiet. Time passes faster than we can keep track of, and we stay several hours. We have no idea how long we've been here until the sky takes on a grey color. Not like stormy, but like oncoming dusk.