"How are you feeling?" Finn asks once he's back. He plops into his seat and hands me some water. I take a drink and swallow hard before I answer him.

"I'm not sure. It hasn't fully sunk in, you know?"

It's been hours since Clarke gave me the truth, but I still haven't processed it. It's hard to accept that your mother will be gone forever in just a few days. Especially when she's your best friend, your world, and one of few people you have left.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'm not leaving your side again unless you want me to. I told Bellamy that, and he was pretty understanding." He laces our fingers together and shoots a small beam to me. I feel sort of bad for keeping him here next to me for so long, but at the same time I need him. I'm certain that he's the sole thing keeping me sane at this point.

"Wow. Bellamy has a heart?" I scoff. I know he does. At least, he used to. Now, I'm not so sure.

"Sometimes. He's not that bad of a guy, to be honest." Finn defends him. His statement agitates me, and the next thing I say almost comes out in a harsh tone.

"That's what you think. Did I tell you what he did?" I ask. I know I haven't given him too many details about the history I have with the boy we're discussing.

"No." He looks down at our hands. I sigh and take a second to become calm so that there's no venom behind my words when I explain it.

I explain everything that happened between Bellamy and me. It takes a while, but when I'm done, Finn is just looking at me. There's not an expression on his face, and I wonder what he's thinking and feeling about my story.

"I don't know what to say." He admits. I drop my eyes to the wall behind him.

"It doesn't matter. I can't forgive him after that. I just needed you to know." I answer. He squeezes my hand, then pulls it to his lips. He kisses the back of it, drawing my attention back to him.

"You've got to keep in mind that some people say things they don't mean. He thought he was going to lose Hayden." He reasons. I have kept that in mind, but that doesn't absolve him of guilt. He said what he said, and the reasoning doesn't mean that it hurts any less.

"So he had to say that to me? He could've done it in a nicer way." I grumble.

He hesitates for a second, opening his mouth but stopping himself. This piques my curiosity, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing."

"Just tell me." I groan.

After a second, he gives in and tells me what's on his mind.

"You're stubborn, honey. I'm not saying that I agree with what he did, but you don't give up easy. Being mean was his last option in making you let go." He states. I don't like what he says, but maybe he's right. I know for a fact that I would not have let Bellamy walk away from my life if he hadn't been so cruel that night. I wouldn't have given up.

"But did he have to cut me out at all? For a girlfriend that only lasted a few weeks?" I argue my side. "She cheated on him not long after, and they broke up."

"I'd do it. If it was you." He shrugs. I don't say anything. I'm irritated, but it's a combination of exhaustion and our disagreement. I don't want to take everything out on him; he doesn't deserve that.

"I'd never ask you to leave your best friend." I tell him. "So it doesn't matter." He sighs and drops his shoulders. I've missed his point, I assume.

"I know that." he answers.

"Look, Finn, I know why he did it. I understand why he was so mean. But knowing why he did it doesn't mean it hurts less." I explain. I reach up and touch his cheek. He looks straight into my eyes, and I stare back into his. I'll never get used to looking at his striking eyes.