NINETEEN

xix. Jabberjays

The pain in Aurora's leg had slowly gotten worse, the longer kept untamed

The pain in Aurora's leg had slowly gotten worse, the longer kept untamed. Finnick had helped her limp her way over the rock path, back onto the beach. When they had arrived at the sand, Aurora took a seat, not wanting to put too much pressure on the wound before it was taken care of. Beetee worked on his wire, and Finnick sat beside her, whilst Peeta and Katniss had gone out to get water, as well as get some leaves to make use as a healer. Aurora assumed she knew what she was doing, considering in the last year's games, Peeta had gotten severely injured, and Katniss had managed to tend to his wound to the point he could begin walking again. For now, her wound had been wrapped with Finnick's white undershirt. Luckily enough, it'd managed to slow the bleeding.

Johanna stood in the ocean, staring out into the sky. Aurora could tell she was stressed, they all were. Johanna however, was much more affected by the things happening to them. All she wanted at that moment was to spit in Snow's face, for putting them back into the games. Especially with the people she actually cared for. Snow knew what was going to get people angry, but he still seemed to do it anyway. Johanna couldn't wait until they escaped, just to spite the old man.

The silence that once graced the beach was interrupted by a ringing noise. Not the same ringing that played before the lightning struck on the tree, but instead the same ringing that was heard when they'd received the spile from Haymitch. It was a sponsor, given to them at the most perfect time.

"Fin, look." Finnick's head shot up to see the parachute slowly near towards them. In a second, he shot up from his spot beside her, running over the sponsor package.

When the box landed, he grabbed it, not wanting to open it just yet. He brought the package with him back over to Aurora's spot on the beach. The ringing noise seemed to have caught Johanna's attention, pulling her from the trance she was in. Finnick kneeled in front of Aurora, setting the package down, whilst Johanna came over to stand over him.

"What is it?" Peeta's voice caused Aurora's head to turn around to find he and Katniss had returned, except now holding a coconut filled with fresh water.

"Don't know," Finnick muttered, before carefully opening the package. The first thing he saw was a note, one that seemed to be from Ace.

Great show you two put on. Keep it up. Finnick read the card, glancing up at Aurora who curiously looked at the package, wondering what the contents were.

"What does it say?" Instead of saying the words written on the card, he instead passed the card to Aurora before looking at the package.

As she read the words on the card, Aurora chuckled a bit. It was from Ace. What they had done didn't seem like a show to them, because it wasn't. Their emotions were raw, pure. Finnick hadn't broken down for the cameras, he truly believed she was dead, worried for her life. But either way, Aurora was thankful. Because without their so-called "show", they wouldn't have gotten the package.