17. Atiyya

*not edited, read at your own risk.
*I will explain why didn't update last Sunday or Wednesday for Into You at the end
————

It was 11 or so in the morning and I was piddling around Target. Today was a chill day. I wore no makeup and another one omy basic sun dresses with a pair of furry slides.

I originally went there to pick up a few snacks and some more makeup, but somehow I got stuck looking at all the goodies in the dollar section.

I hummed to myself with my headphones in, throwing things in the basket. My music then stopped from a incoming FaceTime call. It was Nabora. I answered.

"What you doing?" Her was face, half way in the camera.

"I'm at targët." I said the bougie version of the stores
name.

"You love some target."

I began walking to the makeup section. "I sure do. What you want?"

"Nothing, Rickie and I bored."

"What that got to do with me?"
"Come over after you get——"

The call froze from poor connection. I waited a few seconds before it went back to normal.

"What did you say?"
"I said come over after you get back from target." I heard her moving the camera around.

"Nooo bro, I'm going back home to chill. I just seen y'all hoes."

"So, what that mean." Rickie shouted from the background.
"Right." Nabora agreed.

"It means I need a break. I'm staying in today."

"Girl, fuck you." Rickie said.

I laughed.
A text notification from Victor popped up. He texted me good morning. I paused the FaceTime in order to respond.

"Get me off of pause." Nabora demanded.
"Hold, Vic texted me."

"Oh so y'all got nicknames now?" I unpaused her.

"I guess so."

"Well how is it going?"
"It's going well, we hung out a few days ago."

"And what about Kaleb?"

I sighed. "Still haven't talked."

"Maybe y'all should," Rickie grabbed the phone. "Vaughn said he's been going through it for the pass couple of days."

I was now concerned. "Did he say what was wrong?"

"Apparently his Dad showed up at some family get together they had."

"Oh my god, are you serious?"

I could just imagine what Kaleb was going through. I knew that was a sensitive subject for him.

"Yes, girl. Vaughn said it was not pretty either."

I cringed. I wanted to be there for him, but it's kind of hard when him and I are in such a tough spot right now.

"So y'all think I should check up on him?"

"I think you should." Nabora said. "You don't have to do a lot, but it doesn't hurt to send a quick text."

"Yeah, alright I'll talk to y'all later."

"Okay, let us know if you decide to stop being lazy and come hang with us."

I chuckled. "Alright, bye."

We hung up. I finished up whatever shopping I had left to do, checked out, and then decided to head on home.