Twists and Tucks (Hajime Iwaizumi X Gymnast Reader)

Y'all gonna be badass gymnasts that do flips while Iwa-Chan is in college

Also, your Kindaichi's older sis (Bc y'all know he's gay for Iwa-Senpai 😏)

You take a deep breath before your last tumbling pass. The music cue is heard and you run forward and launch yourself into your roundoff-back handspring-layout with 4 twists.

Your last position signifies the end of your routine and your competition. You see your brother, Kindaichi and the rest of your family cheering you on. You close your eyes and breathe as you walk off the floor.

You drink a butt ton of water and wait for your scores. You wave at your family and some of your teammates. "You did great out there, kid," your coach says.

Thank goodness people are here to supp—

Your train of thought is interrupted when you hear all the Japanese spectators, a handful from other countries and all your competitors cheer for you. You turn around to see your score.

Difficulty: 6.5 ( I never choreographed a full routine but in my head I would choose a pretty difficult one)
Execution: 8.466

Total: 14.966

You drop onto your knees and start crying. You couldn't believe it. Your name flashes on the screen next to the number 1. The crowd cheers you on while the coach and your teammates help you up and congratulate you.

Medal Ceremony Bc I'm lazy

You happily receive your gold medal on floor, waving to everyone. If only your Hajime were here.

You remember how he cheered you on whenever you finished a routine. He was always ready with some ice and delicious food when you came home from training. You miss him a lot and can't wait to get back.

"Great going sis," Yutaro exclaims, pulling you into a hug. "I bet Iwaizumi-Senpai would be proud of you. He's probably watching." You laugh at his comment and start to think, what is he doing?

" I don't know, Yu. He's busy on his own. He doesn't have all the time in the world to worry about me. Wish I could've wished him luck at his game before I left though," you sigh, feeling guilty you weren't there to support your boyfriend since you too have competitions to train for. Thankfully, he gets it and respects your decisions.

Back in Japan

"Iwaizumi? You seriously need to calm down. You just won your game and you're supposed to be exhausted. Besides, cuz is doing—" Grant, Iwaizumi's roommate says, before being cut off by Iwaizumi jumping off the sofa and dancing around the room.

"She did it! (Y/N) won the gold," he cheers, nearly tripping over his own feet.

Now this, is a rare sight. Iwaizumi Hajime, a typically serious and mature human being, is now jumping around, celebrating like a child.

I should let (Y/N) see this. Grant thinks. He takes out his phone and takes a video of the situation before sending it to you.

Now at your hotel

You hear your phone buzz. You look to see your cousin's message light up the screen.

That random cousin: Yo take a look at your precious boyfriend 🤣

That random cousin sent a video.

You see the video of Hajime dancing around the room and start laughing. You immediately call Yutaro and get him out of his room to show  him the video.