Chapter 27 - Lines are drawn

Noah and I haven't spoken a word since he left me in the park

Noah and I haven't spoken a word since he left me in the park. It was his turn to avoid me and it sucked big time. I didn't know whether it was because I was used to having him around or because I actually did miss him. The latter scared the crap out of me. Not having him around was hard, mostly because he was the only person who truly knew everything about me. Or so I kept telling myself. I didn't have to worry about my eyes when I got to mad or explain myself when I wasn't hungry or cold. He knew all of these things about me and still stuck around.

Flopping down on my bed, I sent Noah yet another text. I didn't apologize because I didn't think I was wrong. Maybe outright asking him to kill me when things went sour was bad judgment, but still, I couldn't ask anyone else. I sighed and decided to call Noah. The phone rang for what felt like an eternity before he picked up.

"What?" he asked, his voice groggy as if he had just woken up.

"When do you want to take the pass from Peter?"

I skipped straight to the point, it was senseless trying to reason with him when he was like this. I understood that I was asking a lot from him, believe me, I did but that didn't change the facts. There was no cure that we knew of and no timeline for this. Who knew how long Dr. Benette was like me before she snapped? Too many questions with no answers meant we needed a contingency plan for the worst-case scenario.

"Let's do it tomorrow, I'll send him a text to meet us in the woods by the lake."

Noah didn't wait for my reply and hung up without saying goodbye. I hated it when we fought. I went to bed early that night, I spent most of it tossing and turning unable to sleep. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts each competing for my attention. 

The next day after school, I hopped on my scooter ready to meet Noah and Peter by the frozen lake

The next day after school, I hopped on my scooter ready to meet Noah and Peter by the frozen lake. I had parked it next to Noah's truck hoping to speak to him before we stole the pass from Peter. But unfortunately, he seemed to be at school before me. I clipped my helmet as I waited for him to show up. When he finally did arrive he gave me one look and rolled his eyes.

"You aren't really going to drive to the lake on that thing are you?" he asked.

"What's wrong with it? And it's not like I have anything else to drive now is it?"