Chapter Four: Love hurts

Jane's P.O.V

        "Jane are you hungry?" Dad asks from downstairs.

        "Yeah, I'll be down in a minute!" I yell back.

        I look through the pictures in the photo album again and my eyes linger on the pictures of Austin the most. We were so happy together, but I know that we can never be the same again. I close the album and go downstairs for breakfast.

        When I get to the dining room I see dad putting pancakes on plates. Sitting at the table is Will. And Austin. Oh well this is just great! I think to myself. It's kinda hard trying to distance yourself from someone who is always at your house.

        "Hey Jane," Austin says.

        "Hi." I reply, I sit down and dad sets a plate of chocolate chip pancakes in front of me. I pour syrup on the pancakes and begin to eat. I try to make close to no eye contact with Austin, but I can feel him staring at me.

        Will says, "Jane you might wanna slow down. Your pancakes aren't going to disappear."

        Austin smiles, he has the best smile. Especially because he has really cute dimples.

        Aren't you supposed to not think of him like that?

        I finish and practically run upstairs and to my room. I think somebody calls after me but I just keep going until I'm in my room and lock the door. Does Austin realize how much he affects me? I still love him. I can't do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Will's P.O.V

        Jane finishes her breakfast and makes a run for the stairs.

        "Jane!" Austin says but she doesn't stop.

        We hear the door to her room slam shut and Austin puts his head in his hands. Dad pats him on the back and gives him a reassuring smile.

        "Don't worry she'll come around," dad tells him.

        Austin shakes his head, "I don't think she ever will."

        "Hey she will," I say. "You need to talk to her."

        "Come on Will, do you really think she's going to listen to me?" Austin says.

        "She will if you just try. Even if she doesn't still say what you want to say and leave." I tell him.

        "You saw her Will!" Austin yells. "She doesn't want to even be around me!"

        "Austin calm down." Dad says.

        Austin gets up from the table and leaves slamming the front door in the process.

        "That's it!" I say frustrated.

        "William-"

        "No Austin doesn't deserve this. I'm talking to her."

        I go upstairs and bang on Jane's door.

        "Go away."

        "Jane open this damn door NOW!" I yell at the door.

        After a moment the lock clicks and the door opens and see Jane going to lay in her bed. I walk inside and stand at the end of her bed. She pulls her blanket over her head and as soon as she does I pull the blanket off and drop it on the floor.