Chapter twenty-one: Together

Will's P.O.V

        I look around, out of the five that came down here only one survived, Henry says his name's Greg. Austin killed Hector, Sophia killed Olivia, she stabbed her several times in the chest, Simon broke Chris's neck, and I had to pull Henry off of Edward. I look at Edward's dead body still by Henry's cell, his face is coated in still fresh blood and his wrists are cut three times each. An image of Jane's body flashes through my mind and then I see Edward again. Someone touches my shoulder and I see Sophia standing next to me, her face doesn't even look like she was beaten.  

        The others are looking inside the cell Simon put Greg in, he's unconscious and I don't think his leg should be bent like that. I walk to Edward's body and pick up his gun from his waist belt. I see Sophia grab Olivia's gun, Austin grabs Hector's, Dad grab's Chris's, and Oliver goes into Greg's cell and takes his gun. I look at Henry, his face is still really bad from when Edward beat the crap out of him.

        "Let me heal you," I tell him. He shakes his head. "Henry-"

        "You guys need to find a way out of here," he says. "I'm going to find my father."

        "You're not going alone," Mom says. "We're a family, and we're staying together. We are all going with you."

        Henry looks around at everybody, we all have someone's blood on our clothes, and he has a mix of Jane's blood and Edward's blood on his shirt. He nods, "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Austin's P.O.V

        Henry leads the way out of the cells, when we get to the elevator Henry presses the basement button. "What are we supposed to do?" I ask, "They'll see us."

        "We can cover that." Mrs. Kindley tells me. "Simon, Will, concentrate." They start mumbling something in latin, and the elevator doors open. We begin to walk past the labs and no one looks at us. "It's working," Will says. 

        "What did you guys do?" Oliver asks. 

        "Cloaking," Simon tells him. "It only lasts so long though, so we need to hurry."

        We walk to the back where Jane was killed, we stop at the door. 

        "The cloak is gone," Will informs us.

        "It's okay," Henry says. "Here's what we need to do, Will, Simon, Mr. and Mrs. Kindley you four knock out the scientists, Sophia, Austin and Oliver you three are coming with me."

        We all nod. Will kisses Sophia and he hugs her tightly. Will goes with the other three and him, Mrs. Kindley, and Simon mumble the same words and in a blink of an eye they're gone. "We have to make one quick stop," Henry says. He opens the door to the room and goes inside. Sophia and Oliver tell me to go with him and they stand guard. 

        I go in the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Henry's P.O.V

        When I go inside Austin follows me, I instantly see Jane's body, her skin pale white now, and her blood around her body still warm. I see the knife Eddy used and I grab it, I kneel next to Jane and my grip on the knife tightens. "I promise you wouldn't have died for nothing." 

        "You know she loved you," Austin tells me. 

        I don't say anything. 

        "She wanted to be buried next to her mom, thought it would be nice." He says.