Chapter sixteen: The trap

Jane's P.O.V

        My eyes open when I hear the phone ringing. I get out of bed and go to the living room to answer the phone. I look at the number. Austin. "Hello?"

        "Jane?" Austin says. "Jane is that you?" 

        "Yes Austin I'm here." I say. "How did you get this number?"

        "Jane you have to listen to me," he says, and I notice his voice sounds different, he sounds weak. 

        "Austin are you alright?" I ask worried. 

        "Jane me, Will, your dad, Sophia, Oliver and Henry are being held at Zenus!" He says quickly. 

        In the background I hear, "You son of a bitch. You weren't supposed to tell her that!"

        I hear a gunshot and Austin yells. 

        "Austin!" 

        Anther man talks on the phone. "If you wish for them to live then when my men come go willingly."

        "And if I don't?" 

        He laughs, "Well I think your friend Austin is going to have much more than a bullet in the leg." The line goes dead.

        I set the phone down and I go into the room. I find three sheets of paper and a pencil and write three letters. For Will, Austin, and Henry. I know that when I go to Zenus I'm probably not coming back. So I need to write these letters so they know that I love them. 

        Just as I finish the last letter I hear the knock at the door. I quickkly fold up th papers and put them in my pocket. When I open the door I see at least five men in black standing outside the door. One of them stick a syrine in my right forearm and everything goes black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will's P.O.V

        It's been two weeks since Jane ran out the house. I remember Henry coming to the house telling us that we had to leave quickly or we would be taken captive. He put me and Dad in a hotel two miles out of town. He told us to stay put and he would check in on us when he could. 

        He hasn't been here for four days. Dad is asleep on the right bed and I watch TV. I can't call Sophia, Henry said I would put her at risk too. I sit there wondering if I should just sneak out to her house for a hour. I just need to hear her voice. 

        Around six I hear something outside. Tires screeching. I get up and look out the window, there are two black SUVs with five people in black getting out of each car. I shake Dad's shoulder. 

        "Dad we need to get out of here now!" I say when he opens his eyes. 

        His eyes grow wide and we quickly grab the two handguns Henry left us just in case and I look out in the hall. No one. We get to the stairs quickly and when we get to the fifth floor we hear the men shouting. We both run back to the tenth floor and into our room. I lock the door and get behind the bed with Dad. A few moments later there's someone banging on the door trying to get in. 

        Me and Dad cock our guns and point them at the door. When the door bursts open and the first man steps in I pull the trigger, and the bullet hits him in his neck. 

        Bullets start flying and we duck behind the bed. When they reload I come up and shoot at two other men. Soon both guns are empty and we're trapped. There's no point in it anymore. A man steps in front of us and hits Dad in the head with the bottom of his gun and he does the same to me.