Chapter Five: Zenus

Henry's P.O.V

        I sit at my desk and look around the room, everyone has an assignment to do except for me. I hate being the youngest agent, I hardly get to go on any mission. My 19th birthday is coming up and I'm looking forward to that, that means I'll be able to go on more missions.

        I see Eddy walking towards me and I sit up straighter.

        "Good morning Travis," he says when he is in front of me.

        "Morning Eddy." I reply.

        "Travis," he starts. "We have a new assignment that we think would be good for you."

        I smile, "What is the assignment?"

        "We have received some reports of unusual behavior. There is also reports of high electromagnetic waves. These reports have started since yesterday in the early evening. We need you to go and investigate. Are you up for it?" Eddy asks amusement in his eyes.

        "Yes sir. I'll do my best." I answer he nods and motions for me to follow him.

        We walk to the elevator and Eddy presses the down button.

        "We're going to the labs?" I ask.

        "Yes the files you will need is in the labs." He simply answers.

        The doors open and I see the scientists in white lab coats walking around with clipboards. Twenty feet from below the surface are the laboratories where we do most of our research. We walk to the lab room in the back and there standing at a table is Dr. Anne, she is one of the best scientists we have at Zenus. She handles things that are unknown to us.

        "Anne can I get that file you told me about?" Eddy asks her.

        She nods and goes to her desk which has a lot of paper work. She hands me the file and begins to talk.

        "At 6:48 p.m last night I was looking over the data basis when I noticed something very unusual." She says.

        "Which would be the the electromagnetic waves," I say. She nods.

        "Now these waves were normal at 6:45. Then out of no where the waves got larger then at 6:50 the waves went back to normal." She tells us.

        "And what does this have to do with my mission?" I ask.

        "The waves were coming from Buick beach." Eddy says.

        I look in the file and see a picture of a girl. She has long black hair and dark blue eyes. She's beautiful. I grab the picture and show it to the both of them.

        "Who is she?" I ask.

        "Her name is Jane Kindley," Eddy starts. "A year ago she committed suicide and jumped off of a cliff."

        "Why is her picture in this file?" I ask.

        "The cliff is located at Buick beach, the same beach where the electromagnetic waves were coming from." Anne says, "Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of her death."

        "If she is dead then why is she in here?"

        "Because our overhead camera got footage of a girl with her description and she washed up on the beach. As soon as she was washed onto shore the waves returned to normal." Eddy says.

        "That's impossible."

        "Not in her case," Anne tells me. "She isn't like any other human. She has a gift, some people call her gift powers. We think she is the reason the waves began acting strange."

        "So what do you want me to do?"

        "For you to gain her trust and when it is the right time bring her here." Eddy says.

        I nod, "I'll be going then."

        I turn to leave and before I do I turn and ask. "Why did you choose me for the mission? Why not someone else?"         

        "Because we think you are ready." Eddy simply says and I leave.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Eddy's P.O.V

        As soon as Henry leaves Anne asks. "Why did you choose him?'

        I sigh, "He is the only one who has a shot gaining her trust."

        "But you could've just told somebody else to kidnap her in the night."

        I shake my head. "No I want to try it this way."

        "Why? You had her mother and older brother kidnapped all those years ago. How are you so sure that she won't recognize Henry?"

        "She won't. Her mother made sure that she wouldn't have any memory of that night."

        "What about my son? What if he remembers her? Do you know what would happen to him? He would fall apart. Not to mention what he will do when he remembers that I am his mother." Anne says. "You are putting my son at risk."

        "He's my son too Annebelle!" I yell at her. "I know what the consequences are but we did what we had to do so that he wouldn't see us as mad men!"

        "Eddy do you even hear yourself? We are mad men, you don't seem to recall why we had Gwen erase his memory. He was on the verge of running away because he didn't approve of what we did."

        "I'm not going to listen to this any longer." I say and storm out of the lab.

        How dare she tell me what I already know. I love Henry but I couldn't bare the thought of losing him. I regret doing what I did to him. I'm a horrible father and if he ever should by some miracle gain his lost memories then I will except the consequences.

        I'm more worried about him being near Jane. If he does regain his memories then that would mean he will know why I chose him for this task. He will remember why he dreams of a little girl crying for her mother and brother.

        He will remember the girl he loves.

Hi there! How do you like the book so far? This is the first book that I have shared with people and also the first book in which I have been making up things as I type. Let me know what you think. Comment and Vote!

~M~