black and blue.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

the blurriness faded away and his eyes fell on the petite girl with a small frown hanging on her lips.

sean soon became aware of his surroundings, and the metallic taste of blood became strong in his mouth. his head began to pound with an extreme force that caused him to shut his eyes and his fist ached as he tried to extend his fingers.

"why would you do that, sean?! you could have gotten seriously hurt! i don't know what i would do with myself if you ever got hurt and it was because of me!" she screamed as salty drops fell from her disappointed eyes.

"i'm sorry kaycee, but i couldn't let them talk to you like that. you deserve so much respect and i couldn't stand hearing them say that stuff about you."

"sean, i can handle it! im not a child anymore! i know how to handle these situations. it wouldn't be the first time." she murmured as her eyes fell to the floor.

"you mean this has happened before?"

"sean, im a woman. im not a twelve year old girl anymore, men don't see me as a person. they see me as an object and that's something, as a woman, i have to live with."

"that isn't right, kaycee! you are a human being! you deserve respect and that definitely isn't respect! that isn't something you should have to live with, that isn't right and im not about to let them treat you like that!" sean cried as he lifted her face to look at him.

" i know, i- i just don't know how to make it stop. i try and ask them to stop, but they don't listen. that's why i hate being alone, why do you think i only go to class when you're there? because they won't do it if you're with me. i try and i try to handle the situation but i can't and it just gets worse." she said as tears slipped from her eyes.

earlier:

kaycee walked out of the dance studio with sweat dripping down her face and an exhausted smile danced on her lips as she waved to some of her friends as they disappeared into the line of cars.

sean was inside the studio still taking pictures with some of the dancers, she waited for him since he was driving.

she stood there on her phone, scrolling through instagram, when a group of boys came behind her.

one of the boys wrapped his arms around her waist, grabbing her harshly and pressing himself against her.

kaycee pulled away, slowly backing up from the group of boys, as she scanned her surroundings for sean.

" who are you looking for? sean? you should just leave him and come with us. you would have a lot more fun with us than him." a boy said as he grabbed her wrist, squeezing it with all his force, "i'm sure a girl like you, would like to be with real man." he said as he scanned her body up and down, smirking as he met her eyes.

"please, stop. just leave me alone." she said pulling free from his grasp as her body shook with fear.

"but i'm just having a bit of fun." he said as his hands went down to her ass and squeezed it.

suddenly, the boy fell down to the ground with a thud as her best friend stood above him.
"what the fuck, get away from her. don't you ever fucking touch her again." sean threatened as he pulled kaycee behind him, away from the boys.

two of them fled leaving the boy on the floor, but he soon got up to face sean.

"what you're scared i'm going to take your little bitch from you, huh?" he teased while wiping the blood from his nose.

"don't you dare call her a bitch."

"sean, lets just go. don't worry about it." kaycee said as she pulled on his arm.

"don't worry, you can keep that slut to yourself." the boy taunted as he turned around to walk away.

sean ran up to him throwing a punch to his side, the boy clearly unaffected turned around and began to throw punches as well. the boys ended up on the floor as blood spilled from both of their faces.

kaycee screamed and cried as the boys fought, she tried to disperse the situation and pull sean off the boy, but she ended up getting kicked in the face by the other boy.

she fell back onto the asphalt, holding her face in her hands as it stung. sean pushed the boy aside, running to kaycee's side. the boy ran off leaving the two sitting on the side of the road.

sean's vision began to go blurry as his head ached and throbbed from the hits, before his eyes shut he saw his best friend hold him in her arms.

now:

her gently wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into a hug as her arms found their way to his neck. " i'm sorry, i'm sorry i didn't tell you." she croaked out.

" it's okay, i'm sorry i made the situation worst, i just couldn't bare seeing them touch you like that." he said as he held the small girl in his arms.

" thank you, sean. i don't know what i would do without you." kaycee said as she placed her lips against his cheek.

" i'm always here for you, kayc. no matter what. you tell me if anything like that happens again, promise?" he said pulling back to look into her eyes.

" i promise." she said as she rested her head on his chest. " i don't know what i would do without you, lew."

" i don't know what i would do without you, rice." he said as he placed a kiss against her forehead.

" now lets go get you cleaned up." kaycee said as she got up from the sidewalk and intertwined their hands, pulling sean with her.

a smile danced on her lips as she stared into her best friends eyes, she always knew they were more, but for now, they were just friends who started longingly into each other's eyes, asking for the other to love them.

friends don't do the things sean and kaycee do, especially like getting hit until you were black and blue.
///

guys pls don't hate me i wrote this in 20 minutes and didn't even go through it! i'm so sorry if it sucks but ily :)

- kami 🌻