sunflower season [extended]

this is extremely long ~ 2138 words ~ so this story is a prologue to 'sunflower season'. the italics at the end of the story is present time aka their thoughts, unsaid things from sunflower season. this is genuinely my favorite thing i have ever, ever created and it literally holds such a special place in my heart.

SO READ SUNFLOWER SEASON FIRST BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS <3

thank you all for everything and here are some dedications: cathyliz orlanska kayceEseaniE seayceetings ilybronksxx starryshamu happeekaycee petalxoxo
and of course my entire tuesdays team im just too tired to tag you hoes :)

also hannabanana, you are the reason that i created this entire concept. you inspire me in so many ways and you always challenge me and push me to try and be somewhat as good as you. i love you.

alright let's do this

- kami 🌻

The flower tickled her toes, the trees giggled as the wind combed through her hair, making the bubbly girl break out in a wide smile, her teeth were perfectly aligned, her rosy lips matching the shade of her freckled cheeks.

She ran through the field, the sun's glow radiated across her skin as if it was dripping from her pores. Her feet carried her, digging into the soft grass, her toes digging into the soil like sand. The girl's dress was covered with daises, if you weren't paying much attention you would probably mistake her as part of the overflowing garden.

Sean watched as she knelt down, taking a daisy into her palm. He watched as she admired it, her eyes observing every small detail about it. She took in all of it's beauty, gently grazing it's petals before letting it fall back into place.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" She whispered, smiling softly as she made her way to the boy - his curls toppled over his gorgeous brown eyes that she had trouble understanding.

"Not as beautiful as you."

"I'm flattered, but you're going to have to try harder than that." The girl bit back a smile, extending her hand out to the boy. "I'm Kaycee, and you are?"

"Pretty name, I'm Sean." He said, kneeling down and pulling the flower she was eyeing earlier and placing it behind her ear.

"How romantic, you just took an innocent flowers life and turned it into an accessary." Kaycee said flatly, turning around and continued walking through the field, cautious to not step on any of the residential plants.

Meanwhile, Sean dragged his feet, ripping plants from their roots and kicking them aside. "You really don't have a care in the world for things, huh?" Kaycee scoffed, holding out her hand to Sean who looked at her confusedly as he slid his phone into his pocket.

"Let me show you something."

After minutes of walking silence they finally ended up at a small stream. The water trickled down the rocks, the floor was soft, muddy as she led him down to the water. "Petal, these pants are new so if they get ruined, you're paying for the dry cleaning."

"Petal?" Kaycee laughed, lifting up the ends of her dress as she dipped her toes in the water.

"Yeah, that's what I'm going to call you for now on." Sean said as he followed Kaycee, setting his phone down besides their shoes. "How old are you?"