it wasn't meant to be.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

kaycee sat at the dinner table, gazing at the empty seat across from her. two plates of food were separated by a flame lighting the dining room.

her face lit up every time her phone went off, but to her disappointment it was never him. she found herself lying on her arm as her eyes began to feel heavy. she checks her phone, one last time, and nothing. a tear falls down her cheek as she throws her unfinished meal away and the smoke of the burned out candle follows her to her room as she strips off the dress she wore, just for him.

kaycee jolted up in her bed as she searched for sean next to her, but he wasn't there.

it was already three am.

kaycee ran out of bed, reaching for her phone as she began to dial his number. anxious thoughts clouded her mind as she paced around the house, waiting to hear his voice.

just as the phone went to voicemail, keys rattled at the door as it opened, revealing a laughing sean taking on the phone.

kaycee had tears streaming down her face, because of the fear something had happened to him, and he just walked in like nothing.

"sean." kaycee shuddered as she went up to talk to him.

"kaycee, please. im on the phone." he sneered as he continued his conversation.

"sean, please." she begged.

"hey tate, i'll have to call you back. it was great seeing you tonight!" sean said with a wide smile before hanging up the phone. "what do you want, kaycee?"

"where were you sean?! i was worried sick, you're hours late and you don't even text me to let me know!" kaycee cried as her eyes began to turn foggy from the tears.

" sorry, i was out with some friends." sean answered shortly avoiding her eyes.

"sean i waited for you. i made your favorite food, i wore the dress you loved the most . i just wanted to eat dinner with you, just once! i told you to come straight home after work, but you not only didn't do that but you also ignored me for hours." kaycee exclaimed.

"i'm sorry, it won't happen again." he hummed as he scrolled through his phone.

" sean, just look at me! i'm your girlfriend and you're treating me like i mean nothing to you. you don't even come home on time, you stay out all night and just leave me here, waiting. waiting for you to come back home, waiting for you to spend time with me, waiting for you to make love to me, waiting for you to kiss me goodnight, waiting for you to start acting like a boyfriend and i'm so tired of waiting, sean. i'm so tired."

"kaycee, what are you saying?" sean asked as he turned off his phone and for the first time that night, he looked at her.

"im saying, maybe this isn't going to work out."

"kaycee, please can we just talk this out." he whispered as he caressed her cheek.

kaycee stepped back from his touch as hurt spread across sean's face. "sean, you don't even tell me that you love me anymore. you have no idea how much that hurts. i love you more than i love anyone else, even myself."

"kaycee, please i love you." sean cried as a sob escaped his mouth.

" at one point you did, sean." kaycee said as she began to sort her stuff.

"kaycee, please. can we just talk about this?"
sean begged.

"your actions speak louder than words, sean. what happened tonight was more words than anything you could've said."

"kaycee, im sorry. we can work this out.
please don't leave me."

"some things aren't meant to last, sean." she whispered as she wrapped her arms around his waist. "you will always be the love of my life."

kaycee stared into his eyes, one last time as lovers. his hand went up to push back a strand of her curly waves before he pressed his lips against hers.

their eyes dripped with tears as their mouths crashed against each other, for the first time in a while. kaycee felt sean's hot breath on her neck as he tenderly brushed his lips against her. his hand runs through her hair as his lips stay connected to her neck.

a sigh escaped kaycee's mouth as he made his way back to her lips.

the kiss began to turn soft and slow as her hands found the side of his cheek. she looked into his eyes and all she saw was regret and sorrow.

his forehead rested against his as they stared longingly into each other's eyes. "i'm so sorry, kaycee." sean murmured. "im sorry i didn't try and make our relationship work."

"it just wasn't our time, sean." kaycee whispered with glossy eyes and a sad smile.

he softly kissed her wet cheek, wiping away a falling tear as she walked over to the door with her bags. "you will always be the love of my life, kaycee."

she smiled softly as she opened the door, about to walk out, before she turned around and connected their lips for one last time. "i will always love you, shamu."

"i will always love you, ricebowl." he croaked as she wore a sad smile on her face and walked out of what was her home, leaving behind the person she loved most.

///

hola quiero llorar :)
hi guys! how are you? i actually really like this and i hope you guys do too!
i love when you guys comment it literally makes my entire day! 💓💞💘💘

- kami