cut the ropes.

{fragile got me fucked up.
this is dedicated to the oh so many people who inspire me :,) seayceetings kayceEseaniE THAT1GURLLL petalxoxo ilybronksxx allyjean2323  seayceesuss happeekaycee @AugustApollo all of your guys writing is absolutely out of this world and i don't think i will ever be as talented as these amazing writers and people here. <3

- kami 🌻}

kaycee watched as her best friend fell into the floor, a sigh of frustration escaping his lips as he rubbed the sore spot on his knees. "let's go again."

a sad smile fell onto her lips as she placed her hand gently onto his shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. "hey, don't worry about it." she said, the corner of her lips lifting upwards as she gave him an empathetic smile. "we're going to get it."

"are you fucking kidding me?!" sean yelled as he ran his sweaty palm across his face, a flame igniting in his eyes as he watched his best friend pick herself up from the floor. "i'm sorry." she whispered as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"let's just go again."

"actually, i was thinking we could practice the lift tomorrow. i think we both need a break." kaycee suggested before taking a swig of her water.

"we don't have time for this kayc, we need to do i today." he growled, wrapping his arms around her waist as the music filled the studio.

he flung her from the floor, swinging her across his body before bringing her to his waist as he dipped her down to the floor. they've practiced this move so many times it's become second hand nature, the qualifiers becoming its first appearance.

but this time it was different. he loosely gripped her wrist, and as she dipped down she slipped from his grasp. "holy shit, kaycee!" sean cried, landing on his knees besides her as he took her head into his arms. "i'm so sorry, kayc. i- fuck."

she flashed him a small smile, a smile he knew wasn't real. "it's okay. can we just take 5?"

"kaycee, you're fine. we have a lot to finish and there's no time for breaks." he scoffed, stretching his hand out to her, pulling her up from the cold tile.

"sean for christ sakes i just fell on my head, please can we just take five?" she sighed her eyes stinging as they glossed over. "i'm worried about you, sean. you're overworking yourself and i just don't want to see you get hurt."

kaycee watched as a scoff left his lips, bringing a hand up to his eyes as he turned to the worrisome girl. "you know what kayc, just go. i'm tired of dealing with your bullshit."

"sean are you serious?" she laughed, until she saw the scowl on his lips. "wait you're being serious."

"kaycee, get out." sean exploded, pushing kaycee out into the darkness. leaving her out on his driveway, leaving her and the the few stars that speckled above her, but before he could disappear behind the garage door she cried out. "you can find yourself a new partner because i'm done."

"i'm done." the words rang through his head for the rest of the night, a buzz that crowed his space like an annoying little sibling. no matter how hard you tried to push away, it always came back stronger.

"im done." a word never used by her unless she was beyond exhaustion, and she was, she was beyond exhausted.

he lied in his bed, his eyes darting back to his phone every time it lit up. sean's eyes fell to the other side of the bed, the emptiness settling in like a cold winter night, an emptiness he was immune to.