CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30: SILENT DEPARTURE

I always believed that the one who were left behind was hurting but the one who left that someone was hurting more. It takes lot of courage to leave someone who is important to you knowing that you are both hurting at that time. Especially, without even saying just a single goodbye.

'Yan lang ang nakatatak sa isip ko lalo pa't nalalapit na ang pag-alis namin. Na kung masasaktan ko siya, alam kong doble ang sakit na mararamdaman ko. Kasi for the second time, ako na naman ang aalis. But I silently promised myself that this time, I'm gonna bid goodbye and not leaving without a single word.

And we promised we'll have communication after we parted ways.

Kapag kasi naiiwan ka, siyempre ang naiisip mo, bakit ka iniwan? Ang gago lang ng nang-iwan sa'yo kaya ang nakatatak lang sa isip mo, gago siya. Na mang-iiwan siya. Pero hindi mo inaalam ang side niya. Side niya na mas nasasaktan kasi hindi madaling maiwan pero mas hindi madaling mang-iwan lalo pa kung sobrang na-attach ka na sa kaniya.

Especially with the thought that if you'll be back, there's a possibility that you'll be back with nothing left for you. With nothing or no one stayed and waited for your return.

But at this point of my life, I'm only considering my own point of view. Dahil nagagalit ako, nalulungkot. Dahil nasasaktan ako. Dahil hindi ko ineexpect ang ganito.

Kasi, bakit?

Bakit siya ang nang-iwan?

Bakit ako naman ang iniwan niya?

Gumaganti ba siya?

At ang masakit, bakit walang paalam?

Nakakatangina lang. Na siya pa pala ang mang-iiwan sa aming dalawa. At ang mas nakakatangina, ni walang paalam. Ni walang 'oy aalis kami at ikaw naman ang maiwan ngayon.'

Wala. I woke up with my head pounding so bad around 10:00 last night because my throat felt so dry. Only to realize we were still on the cottage, sleeping with our own unique poses.

I wake them up for us to go back to the house and in order to have a proper and comfortable bed to lay on when I realized that the Divillans, Begardo and the Ribals were not inside the cottage. I shrugged it off, thinking they left to go home in resort but the truth was, they actually left us here in Calayan. They were back in Baler.

How did I know they left?

Lola Tala and Lolo was back around 4 in the morning. At first we were surprised, sure, they said they will be away at two weeks but we didn't know it's the day after that night was the day they will return.

We were also packing our things up for our departure that will happen hours from now, when we decided to go look for the six who left last night .

"Saan punta niyo mga apo?" Lola Tala asked as we were heading the main door.

"Sa resort po nina Minmin," Jozza replied. Pertaining to Minth. She told us that Lola recognized the six when she heared their nicknames when they were still kids who always go here to play with Jozza as she have her vacation here.

"Hindi ba't nakaalis na sila?" We were puzzled at what Lola said. I already has the feeling that they were actually away. Miles away. But I chose to ignore it.

"Ho?"

"Nakita ko kasi sila kanina sa daungan nang pauwi ako dito. Nagkamustahan pa nga kami eh. Pero mukhang nagmamadali sila," She replied. So that's why they left early. That's why they didn't drink that much. They have a trip and they reserve their energy. "May test pa ata sila na hahabulin bukas kaya magrereview pa sila sabi ni Zedzed." She added pertaining to Clint.