Chapter 22

Jungkook has never been as stressed as he was now before, a familiar habit of his coming to play and now he was rubbing at his jacket and the patches sewn onto it.

" it's fine. " Jimin said once he noticed jungkook's antics and the latter sighed in distress, lips curling into a frown as he went over his plans.

He'd straighten up, look at his friends, tell them he's a liar and they'd realize they'd been hanging out with a bitch of a man. Then they might beat him to death, as they do with people who lie to them.

" I can't. " he mumbled.

Jimin looked disappointed, exhaling heavily and rubbing jungkook's back as he groaned in agony. " no worries. You don't have to. "

His hand, even with how warm it is, never did what it meant to do when it rubbed at jungkook's tense muscles, and that is- calming him down. He was still very stressed, and it showed.

" How does ice cream sound? "

Jungkook sniffled a little bit, " very good. "

-

The next days went by swiftly.

Hoseok got softer and started looking at jungkook with a different, pitiful gleam in his eyes and whenever the youngest cried himself to sleep he comforted him, getting up from his own bed and hugging him until his fell asleep. Jimin had given him heat suppressants and some scarves of his own. They were lucky it got cold.

Kai started dating Jennie, which was surprising but everyone were glad for them. Seokjin was emotional when he found out- crying happy tears and all, namjoon even invited her over, and she brought jisoo along her.

Jisoo had her eyes on taehyung. When she arrived, she flirted with him all night and he seemed into it- for a fact, they were going on a double date with Jennie and kai tonight.

" I'm gonna kill myself. " jungkook cried into his pillow while Jimin rubbed his back.

" why are you so upset over taehyung? " he asked, voice soft and full of compassion. " I thought you would be happy for him. Aren't you guys close? "

Jungkook only cried harder, heart aching to tell him about everything and what really went on between him and taehyung. Everyone had a sense of a special connection between taehyung and Jungkook, but so far, only hoseok realized the truth.

" I'm so weak, chim. Crying like a little bitch. " jungkook said and crushed the pillow with his hold. The latter could only grimace at his friend's harsh words.

Jimin wanted to tell him how wrong he was- there's absolutely nothing wrong with crying or expressing your feelings, and he had every right to do so. But jungkook couldn't take any kind of criticism right now. " you're not, kook-ah. " was what he said instead as he continued to rub jungkook's back.

Then they both heard the door opening and Jimin turned around, even jungkook stopped crying for a moment, and hoseok stepped in, humming a tune but immediately freezing in his place when he looked up and saw a scared, wide-eyed jungkook with tear stained cheeks.

" I- uh- jungkookie? Is there anything wrong? " he asked, voice heavy with concern and sat on the bed beside him, pulling him into a hug. " it's nothing. " Jimin said, lying so hoseok could just leave.

" t-tae-hyung. " jungkook choked out. Jimin was surprised, are they good friends? He thought, trying to make sense of why he'd tell hoseok so quickly. God knows how long it took for him to tell Jimin.

Hoseok frowned immediately upon hearing what jungkook said. " why's that? " he asked, voice wavering in fear.

" he's... " jungkook stalled, thinking about it, " he's being an asshole. "