Chapter 6

They were both laying on taehyung's bed and staring up at the ceiling. The room was oddly silent and they both tried to think of something to say, but instead nothing came out. Jungkook scanned the entire room again and huffed, lightly giggling straight after.

" what is it? " taehyung asked curiously, tilting his head slightly to look at jungkook. " your ceiling would look sooo much better with glow-in-the-dark stars. Just like when we were little. "

There was silence, and then the duo started laughing hysterically. Everything is funnier when you're drunk.

" yup! And-and we're gonna watch toy story a-and you'll make us a snack bowl with extra hot Cheetos! " taehyung said between laughing fits, hands resting on his stomach and eyes twinkling with sweet memories.

" sounds like a plan... " jungkook mumbled fondly. He sneaked a look at the man beside him and smiled, thinking, wow. Hyung is so dear to me.

Jungkook did miss their childhood days. They both were exposed to violence so early on in life with both their brothers being involved in gangs, and later on joining their own little gang that sometimes they felt far away from each other. To be truthful, these two weeks living together made them closer than before.

But still, he couldn't help but feel weird. Like he had always fancied his hyung, even though this whole thing started not so long ago, it was like he was always an omega. An omega with a crush, at that. Weird.

He watched as taehyung slowly closed his eyes and drifted off, sleepiness taking over him as well. Good night, he thought, and then held taehyung's hand, falling asleep in the comfort of the person he loved the most.

-

That morning wasn't any different than the other mornings they had together. Well, besides the horrible hangover they both suffered from.

It started with taehyung chugging down 2 cups of black coffee and then continued with jungkook throwing up, later complaining all about how alcohol is a trap and saying " I'm never drinking again, not even if I'll get paid for it. " which was a rude lie in taehyung's eyes.

It all settled around noon when their gang members came to visit taehyung's apartment, using mission plans as an excuse.

" we're going to raid the shit out of them, for sure, especially that seokjin dude. Loud ass bitch. "

Their target was another gang, a particular one - one which contained alphas, betas and omegas. They called them the omega gang. They were led surprisingly by an alpha-omega couple which shared everything; blood, money and drug dealing. Seokjin and namjoon were their names.

The omega, seokjin, was extremely sassy and bossy which contrasted namjoon, a smart and reserved guy. They found out their gang has been stealing profits through taehyung's brother, baekhyun. Baekhyun is friends with someone in the gang called Kai.

" sure your brother is cool with that? " yoongi asked, eyeing taehyung suspiciously. " yeah, " he answered, " of course. Why would he inform me then? "

They continued talking but jungkook was too focused on something else. He needed to take his pills.

You see, drinking while delaying your heat is incredibly stupid because of all the other substances in your blood; it wears down the effects of the drug and you'll have your heat sooner than later. Jungkook is new to this, so of course he forgot all about the do's and the don't's of his so-called condition.

" uh, guys, I need to go to the bathroom. " he said cautiously.

" okay then, big guy. The pleasure is all yours. " Yoongi mocked him and triggered a chain reaction of chuckles from the others. Taehyung only nodded slightly at jungkook.