Chapter 16 (Gerard's POV)

Well, damn. Frank and Jamia broke up. I honestly knew it was gonna happen soon, seeing how Jamia has been lately. She seemed to be really jealous of me because I got a lot of Frank's attention. She didn't really seem to care for me either. That's okay, though. Now that her and Frank are no longer together, I don’t have to deal with her company in me and Ray's room.
           Speaking of Ray, he and Frank are talking about the breakup with Frank’s now ex girlfriend. I can tell that Frank is pretty torn up about it, but at least he has Ray to support him. I wish I could be there for him too. I would hug him and tell him that it's Jamia's loss, not his. I mean, I am with him technically, but I can't speak to him, which I really hate. Seriously, if Frank was upset about anything, I would do my damn best to make him feel better. I seriously would, and I really mean it.
           “So Jamia broke up with you? How come?” Ray asked.
           “I believe it has something to do with Gerard. She told me that I can't visit him as often as I have been. Basically she was jealous of him. I think that she believes I have a thing for him,” Frank shrugged, making me wonder about what he just said. Does Frank really see me in that kind of light like he did with Jamia? I sure as hell like Frank that kind of way. But does he feel that way towards me? Frank has been a kind blessing towards me since day one when he visited his dying grandpa here. I wonder how exactly Frank sees me…
           “Are you serious, Frank? That's pretty petty of her if you ask me. Can't believe she did that to you. I'm sorry,” Ray told Frank.
           “Not your fault, Ray. I guess you're right about that. I just couldn't let her control how much I want to see Gerard here,” Frank said as he grabbed one of my hands and wrapped it in his. I smiled internally, his touch warm and tender against my cold skin. I wish that he would kiss me and then I wake up, just like in the movies where a charming prince kisses his sweetheart princess in a deep sleep, and she opens her eyes as whatever curse she had vanishes, and her and the prince live happily ever after. But that's only in the movies. As much as I want it to be true, a kiss isn't gonna wake me up, because that's just not reality.
           “You're right, Frank. You gotta put your foot down sometimes,” Ray said.
           “Exactly,” Frank nodded. He then looked down at me and smiled sadly. I know he hates seeing me like this, confined to a hospital bed with a series of machines keeping my body alive. If I never met Frank under this kind of circumstance, it definitely would have been under better ones, like maybe at a concert of one of my favorite bands or something like that. The only problem is that I don't seem to have that same kind of social charm that Frank has. I've always been known as a shy and socially awkward kind of guy. Would Frank approach me first? Or would I pursue him? It all makes me think how we would meet if I wasn't in the state I'm in now. Would Frank still see me in the same light he sees me now if I wasn't in a coma? I wonder...