Chapter 10 (Gerard's POV)

Ah, so it looks like Frank and Jamia came to see me after what happened to me earlier. I almost died...again. I don’t know how many times I have to go through this until I finally wake up...that is, if I ever wake up. What if that never happens, though? What if I'm bound to be in this comatose state until I eventually die? I quickly shook off that thought, not wanting to dwell on it and possibly have what happened last time again. Frank and Jamia are here, and I happily welcome their company.
           “We heard about what happened, and we were really scared. We're both happy that you're okay, though,” Frank said, smiling sadly at me. I'm happy that I'm okay too. If I died, I would have never gotten the chance to talk to Frank like a normal human being. I long for the day I wake up, and I wrap my arms around Frank and tell him thank you for coming into my life, even though it wasn't at the best time. But even if I do wake up, I still don’t have the chance to pursue a romantic relationship with Frank. He's straight. He doesn't swing the way I hoped he would, and knowing that breaks my heart.
           Suddenly, the door opened, and two familiar faces came in. It’s mom and Mikey, a devastated look on both their faces. They immediately made a beeline for my bedside and sat down. My mom took my hand and wrapped it in hers as her other hand wiped at the tears in her eyes.
           “My poor boy,” she said shakily as she cried. Mikey put a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. “My poor baby boy. I'm so happy you're okay,”
           “He'll be alright, mom. Even the doctors and nurses said that,” Mikey said. He looked over at me and Jamia and waved, his face looking equally as sullen as mom's. Looks like Mikey is trying to make the best out of what happened to me, but is not quite succeeding in doing so.
           “Who are these two here? Do you guys know Gerard too?” mom asked, looking over at Frank and Jamia.
           “Yeah, they do. Frank here went to school with Gerard. The girl is Frank's girlfriend Jamia,” Mikey said, sparing Frank from having to tell the truth that he barely knows me. Good job, Mikey.
           “Nice to meet you both. I'm Donna,” my mom said, holding out a hand for Frank and Jamia to shake. They both shook hands, and then they all diverted their attention back to me.