That was rough (Lifeline x Reader)

Wowie, I really need to update more!! I'm so sorry for taking so long guys, I promise I'll be working harder on making more chapters, though after this one I'll be focusing on writing the prompts for the winners of the contest!!

The soft steps of the many legends flooded the main lobby as the match results began their process of formulation, the digital bulletin board becoming blank save for the signature icon. Legends began conversing and discussing the, now finished, match including their kill-death ratios, clutches, and encounters with the newly crowned champion. It was always like this; Lively, diverse, congregative. And just as the buzzing conversations began to grow uneasy, the bulletin had finished updating. The stats and ranks for each legend and squad were displayed brightly with a signature hum, for all to see. And just as quickly as it announced its arrival the legends flooded around it, the bulletin capturing their attention like flies to a light. 

"You ranked THAT low?"
"Haha, I guess I didn't do half bad, after all!"
"So why did I get stuck with these goons...?"

The many voices began announcing their inner thoughts on their rankings, a flourishing mix of both anger and humor ad legends both celebrated and cursed the last match. The usual control announcer's soft and fluid voice flushed through the intercom, announcing just as always after every match that there would be a two-week grace period before the next date and roster listing would be announced, and that legends would be able to use this time as they please. The legends began to slowly leave the bulletin and exit the lobby, flooding back into the base and breaking off into their respective groups and tasks. Of the ever-shrinking bundle of legends, two remained examining the digital bulletin in search of their names and squad ranking. A petite woman with soft pink hair kept messily in two buns, and a newer legend, one in which had debuted in the last match. The two seemed to be sharing a friendly conversation as they searched hopefully for their ranks, their eyes glimmering in anticipation. 

"I don't believe I've gotten your name", The pinkette softly hummed. 
"Ah, I'm usually called by (y/n)" The new recruit softly spoke. 
"I like that, it's different. The name's Ajay Che, but my callsign is Lifeline!"

The two further conversed until Ajay eventually found her name followed by a brief laugh.

"It looks like I didn't do half bad this time around, huh?"

"Yea, meanwhile I didn't do too well..." 

Ajay softly giggled before lightly patting (y/n)'s back before sharing some reassuring words. 

"Don't worry about it, debut matches are always the toughest. You'll do better next time around, alright?" 

(y/n) softly sighed before shaking off the oncoming anxious vibes crawling up their spine. Though it was disappointing to see how low they had ranked, (y/n) knew it would only be possible to do better with training and positive thinking. After all, it wasn't like the next match would be an uphill battle, right? Ajay followed behind (y/n) with a cheerful chirp, hugging them from behind. 

"You sure you're doin' okay? Ya seem a little tense still..."

"I'll be alright, I'm just gonna go get a drink from the café and think.."

"Mind if I join you? You seem like you could use a friend and some good jokes!"

Ajay happily smiled, now standing beside (y/n) with an optimistic glint to her chocolate brown eyes. It was cute, endearing even, and it brought a warm smile to (y/n)'s face. 

"I guess some company wouldn't hurt."

"Great!"

Ugh, it's so short TT~TT

But, I'm really happy I can finally update!! I'll explain my absence in the next chapter, as it's a long story and I know I owe you all an apology for being gone so long... But.

12.5k reads.

GUYS.

HOW?!?!

I'M WORDS BEYOND GRATEFUL, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND VOTES!! I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD GET SO FAAR WITH A BOOK, AND I'M HONESTLY SO EXCITED FOR WHAT I'VE GOT IN STORE!!

aaa, I really need to stop typing in caps and calm down...

But, I love you all so much and this is honestly such a milestone for me, thank you guys so much... <3