Soft (Mirage x reader)

Just a bit of a soft one-shot, I thought I'd give you guys something warm and sweet as my returning gift from my hiatus. I'm sorry it's so short, maybe I'll continue it into a full one-shot if you guys really want it(?) But anyways, I really missed you all, and I'm happy to be back!!! 

It was another rainy Thursday afternoon as you idly went about your day. It was boring, but  one thing you desperately looked forward to, unlike any other day. You sat quietly on the couch of your apartment as you awaited a much needed phone call from your boyfriend. It was a pain to be away from him for such long periods of time, but you knew his reason why. After all, your boyfriend only participated so he could help his mother. She was a sweet albeit stern woman, very intelligent and coddling and a kind-natured woman, and the one who took care of him and his brothers. You silently watched your phone in anticipation as you curled up at the edge of the couch, the cold surface leaving chills. Your (e/c) gaze drifted slowly t the window as your mind began to sleepily dwell to other thoughts and memories. You remembered the first time you'd met Elliot, how clumsily charming and goofy he was all at once. You remembered his scent, that soft cinnamon and almond scent that drove you crazy when you'd hide your face in his chest as the two of you cuddled, you even remember the warmth of his hands as he played with your hair as you fell asleep in his arms, the rough warmth of his lips... 

Your thoughts were interrupted as your phone suddenly went off, your ringtone bringing a soft giggle from your lips as you checked your phone. You answered the call as a familiar voice floated to your ear. 

"You know how much I miss you, sunshine?"

You giggled more as he called you one of his cheesy little nicknames for you. You sat up as you felt warmer already, a soft blush painting your cheeks. 

"Not as much as I miss you, love."