Esme

Volume eleven

"The worst decision I ever made was losing my faith." I spoke. "Not feeling like God had my back anymore or he was throwing so many obstacles my way because I didn't call to him unless I needed something was the worst feeling ever. Now, I know he never left, he just needed me to find my own guidance."

"You seem so happy." Emae smiled making me smile. 

"I was in need of healing and that's what I got." I told her. "I'm in a different mindset right now."

"I could tell, I'm so proud of you."

"I'm proud of me."

We were in the car since she had just picked me up from church and now we were now heading to my shop, today was supposed to be the day my shop was done with construction. I was overall in a good mood, I was glowing, I never felt more like myself.

"You should come to church with me on Wednesday."

"You forgot that's the anniversary of our parents?" 

"Of course not, that's why I'm going."

"I'm going to their grave site, like we do every year."

"I'll meet you there then." I shrugged.

"What you doing about prom? Are you going or what?" 

"I don't know, Face was supposed to go with me but he has a girlfriend so he's been acting a little funny lately and Black don't like him."

"Go by yourself."

"If I decide to go."

"I'm going to buy you a car."

"Why?" 

"Because I'm proud of you and I love you." She looked over me. "You're everything I always imagined, you're my baby sister but in reality you my first child. I remember the first day I laid eyes on you, I knew I had to protect you from everything and that's what I been doing. You never went without in my presence and you never will."

"I love you more." I smiled looking at her, not knowing what else to say.

We got out the car as I saw Black and Keyz cars, I looked around the neighborhood then opened the shop door and immediately stopped with my mouth ajar.

"What's wrong?" Hendrix asked.

"It's not what you imagined?" Keyz asked.

"They did something wrong?" Black asked looking around.

"No." I said looking around as a tear fell from my eye. "It's perfect, it's everything I ever wanted."

"You so damn dramatic

"You so damn dramatic." Black looked at me making us laugh.

"And what the hell you crying for?" Keyz asked making me look back at Emae.