Jaleyn

Volume Fifteen

"How's your classes going?" Reem asked me as we drove.

"It's cool, I'm almost done. I have three days left then I take the test."

"You like it so far?"

"Yeah, it's easy work and I don't have to do too much. A job is a job though." I shrugged.

"Where you wanna eat at?"

"Honestly, I just wanna sleep." I yawned. "You could just drop me off home."

"You can't come by me?"

"Yeah Reem." I rolled my eyes as he lowkey smiled. "I don't know what you smiling for."

"Shut up." He mushed my head.

"You missed me?" I asked yawning.

"Everyday."

"Even the days you stood me up?"

"Jaelyn don't start ya shit."

"Don't tell me what to do." I shrugged as Dai called my phone. "Yes?"

"Where you at?"

"I'm on my way to Reem house, where you at?"

"Pulling up to the house, you still going with my cousin to dress shop tomorrow right?"

"Yes, I promise you your sister better not come cause I'm going to whoop her ass! I'm not sparing that bitch at all."

"She not coming but you going to see her at the party so-"

"I'm not going to touch that girl at your grandfather party but baby when I catch her imma do her worst than the first time."

"As long as you don't ruin my PopPop birthday."

"That's my main manz, I wouldn't do that." I said making him chuckle.

"Aight, imma go. Text me if you need me to come pick you up or sumn."

"Okay DaiDai." I smiled hanging up as I looked at Reem since he been in my face since I answered the phone. "Yes?"

"Nothing." He shrugged like he had a attitude and the minute he take that shit out on me I'm leaving.

"Why don't your sisters like me anymore?"

"They found out I wasn't who I said I was." He said making me look at him. "They found out I sold drugs, tote guns and allat."

"What do that have to do with me?"

"They just now finding out as I started being around you so they attempted to put two and two together and assumed you were the bad influence."

"I hate shit like that." I rolled my eyes. "Can't nobody be a bad influence on your life, if you a follower don't make it seem like somebody influenced you to do it."

"So that's what they were talking about, they decided not to like you but I finally told them the truth and they wanna apologize."

"Nah, I'm good. I'm not accepting apologies no more. If you did or said anything to me then you mean that shit."

"You was big on apologizing."

"And now I'm not, I don't care anymore."

"So you don't forgive me? You don't care about me no more?"

"If I didn't care about you you wouldn't even be in my presence." I shrugged. "We're cool Reem, we always will because you hold a real special place in my heart. You helped me find myself after my heartbreak, you learned me and for that I will forever be grateful for you. But you also made you unreliable."