Sterling

Volume Five

"She still not talking to you?" My mom asked making me shake my head no. 

"Shouldn't have lied to her." Stel said.

"You shouldn't have said anything." 

"Should've been a man about it."

"Should've minded ya business." 

"Shut up." My pops said as we both glared at each other. 

"Why don't you try apologizing and buying her something for Christmas?" My mom suggested.

"Jaelyn the type to accept the gift then still be mad." 

"She should be." My pops said. "Lying to that damn girl for nothing." 

"I was going to tell her the truth after I went."

"You're dumb." Stel laughed. "You're the reason I don't want a boyfriend."

"The way you look is the reason you don't have a boyfriend." 

"Sterling." My mom warned making me sit back in my seat. 

"Just go talk to the damn girl." Pops said. "She mad but she'll get over it, females always-"

"Always what?" My mom cut him off raising a eyebrow making him look up from his phone. 

"Nothing babe." He said making me chuckle. 

"The gift isn't so you could buy her back but let her know you thinking of her." My mom stated. "Apologize and tell her the real reason you lied then give her her space because you are the one in the wrong." 

"Okay." I shook my head.

"She was supposed to be coming in the morning to give us gifts before the game anyway." Stel said. 

"Who's us?" Pops asked.

"All of us, she bought us all something apparently."

"Aw, I didn't get her anything." My mom picked up her phone. 

"I'll just give her some gift cards." My pops said making us laugh, that was always his go to. 

"Imma go pick up Jay so we could go to the mall." I told them grabbing my keys and jacket.

"Be safe." My mom called out as I closed the door getting in the car. 

Jay literally lived behind my house on the next block so it took me less than two minutes to get there, only because I was stopped at the red light. I honked the horn picking up my phone to see if Jaelyn texted me and she didn't like I knew she wouldn't. 

"Sup bro?" Jay stated getting in the car making me pull off. 

"Wassup?" 

"Who you buying something for Christmas?" I asked curious. 

"My aunts and grandmother, you know I ain't got no girl." He chuckled. 

"That's why I was confused for a minute." 

"I was gon buy Jala some shit but then I know she just gon laugh in my face, I'm bout to give up on trying with her and say fuck it."

"You cheated on her, you thought it was bout to be easy getting with her?" 

"Not at all but she be tryna hoe me." He looked at me blankly. "Like two weeks ago, I go over to fuck her. After we fuck she talking bout "so what you bout to do?""

"She ain't trying to hoe you, she did." I cracked up. "Damn, you left?" 

"I looked at her and hopped the fuck up. I ain't speak to her dumb ass since then."