chapter 11

Saras p. o. v

Tick tok. tick toc.

That's all that could be heard in the nurses office.I looked around when I heard murmurs and saw that Niall and Soph were talking (while whispering).It was soo obvious that he had the hots for her and she seemed to fancy him back. They would make a cute couple.

I look over at Zayn to see him staring out the window,watching the world pass by. He hadn't said anything since the incident. Everytime I tried to start a conversation with him,he would just groan or shrug it off.The nurse has seen to Soph and is now moving onto Niall.I might as well help as I want to be useful and escape the awkwardness that Zayn was making. I ask the nurse if she needs help and she just pointed towards Louis direction and said something along the lines of that boy needs help. I had no idea what she meant but I wanted to get my mind off Zayn because I can't help but wonder if somehow this may be my fault.

It can't be can it?

I approach Louis and he lifts his head up to have his greyish bluish eyes meet with mine. I look away feeling really embarrassed for some reason. I look down at my feet, play with my hands. I do anything but look up to meet Louis gaze that I can feel burning into the side of my face. I finally reach him. I sit down next to him and earn a questioning look from him.

"The nurse told me to attend to you" I say not wanting to mention how rude she was by saying he needs 'help'.

"oh! " he says.

I look up to see him staring at me.I try to smile. This more awkward than not being able to talk to Zayn...

I look at the bruise along his jawline and touch it causing him to wince.I retract my hand almost immediately.

"sorry"I mutter.

"'s okay" he said but I know it hurt and even though I don't always get along with Louis,I absolutely hate watching anyone suffer even if I hate them.It just horrible and I know it is.

I walk over to the cupboard that has ice packs in it.Yes I know where they are because I do help out here whenever I can.I can feel Louis gaze on me and there's this weird feeling I have but it's a good kind of feeling. I honestly don't know what is happening to me.I can feel heat rising in my cheeks as I turn around only to be met with Louis eyes and he turns away but not in time as I see his cheeks starting to redden.

I walk over to him and sit down completely avoiding eye contact as I place the ice pack gently on the bruise and he mutters a thank you.

I give him the ice pack to hold as I get a antiseptic wipe  to wipe the blood off his eyebrow.I dab at the cut gently as he gasp as it touches his skin. I give him an apologetic smile as he returns it. I chuck the wipe in the bin.

"I'm so sorry" he spoke barely audible.

"about w-" I started.

"for doing what I did earlier.I shouldn't have called you that.

you know. ..." he looks away.

"Its fine. there is nothing wrong with speaking your mind.Your entitled to your opinion" I say.

"No you arent a .... " he said "I didn't mean it. you are nothing like that. you not like most of the other girls in this school. I was stupid for saying that and I apologize for being my dumb self. "

I was taken back a bit by what he just said. It made me smile. I gave him a genuine smile and he did the same.

"its okay! " I say "and you are not dumb"