Chapter 30

Aidyn's POV

We stopped by Buckee's on the way out to pick up some snacks and go to the bathroom, twice in two rural towns, and oh yeah, that other one in Waco because Jimin has a bladder the size of a peanut. Usually I stop only once, maybe twice when I'm on my own, but I had to accomodate the six people in the van. 

Other than the large number of stops, the car ride was pretty fun. We played k-pop songs as loud as we could until I got sick of it and turned it off, because as the driver, I have the power to do that. To quote Dean Winchester, "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole." In this case, however, it was not only shotgun, but also middle seat, back row, and Taehyung, who sat in between the driver and shotgun seats pretty much the whole time. 

Originally he was in the second row, but eventually moved to the front, between Jungkook and I. "Guys, I feel left out. I'm moving forward," He complained, sliding out of his seat and practically slithering down into the space between us. I just shrugged and kept on driving.

It wasn't too bad, and I was grateful that they were good carmates. We played games sometimes, and spent other time in silence. At one point, when everyone else was asleep, Taehyung and I just sat and talked, simultaneously eating chocolate covered espresso beans and trying to see who could fit more in their mouth. I won, but by the time I had gotten around to chewing, Namjoon and Jin had woken up, and I was severely reprimanded, told I would never get any sleep for the next week, a statement I quickly shut down by explain how I was like Yoongi in the same regard that I could fall asleep anywhere. We called Tyler to verify, which he did.

But eventually we got there, and I could tell everyone was either shaking from excitement or too many espresso beans. *cough, Taehyung, cough* I pulled up to the driveway and began making the bumpy quarter-mile trip up the hill, Yoongi and Tyler's car not too terribly far from ours. When we made it to the top, there were audible gasps of surprise, to which I grinned.

Grammy's house sat atop a steep hill, tall and proud. Across a field was the Shop, where I knew my great-grandfather would be, and the cliff. "So that is the house, which they built with their bare hands almost twenty years ago, when my mom was pregnant. It was just meant to be a vacation house for when me and my future cousins got older, but they decided to move in full-time, which is when the rest happened." I began to explain, resting my hands on the steering wheel.

"They dug that pond things over there, in order to attract more dragonflies and birds, and the Shop's over there. That's my great-grandpa's workspace. I built a trunk there when I was twelve, and some other, larger projects. That's the bunk house, and someone's gonna have to sleep there. Now, this place is my favorite place in the world, so be on your best behavior, please. I'm sure my family will love you, but just in case, okay?" I pointed around to the different sights before turning around as I asked my question.

"We will Aidyn, I promise. Thank you for taking us to a place so important to you." Namjoon said, bowing slightly. I blushed and shook my head, pulling up further into the car port, parking the car.

"It's no biggie, really. C'mon inside, let's get you all set up and unpacked." I waved them out, deciding to grab my stuff later and just go inside. As soon as I opened the door, Grammy Jan was upon me, attacking my face with kisses, her hands resting on my face.

"Oh, Suga-butt! I'm so happy you made it!" She squealed, hugging me tightly

"Me too, Gram." I mumbled, blushing at the horrible nickname, hiding my face in her shoulder. 

"And you brought friends! Who might you be?" She pulled away from the hug and stepped forward, grabbing Jungkook's hand, who was in Jungshook mode.