Panic turned Trust

Migo looked down at the smallfoot in his hand. He had felt Percy's panic just before he collapsed.

Why did he panic? Migo thought.

Percy was fast asleep in Migo's palm. He looks so peaceful, Migo thought.

Migo placed Percy near the fire and sat by the wall he was previously against.

Migo looked at the soul bond bracelets. He was able to see their colors clearly against his now white fur. His father's bracelet was a dark red intwined with small shards of crystal. His mother's was the same except the rope was a deep blue. Migo thought about how it was his mother's bracelet that had tugged on his wrist when he first saw Percy.

Soul Bond bracelets are drawn to their holder's soulmate. Migo thought. He smiled. They knew before I did.

Migo got up to look out of the cave. There's going to be a blizzard soon. He thought.

Migo then looked back at Percy. He was sleeping comfortably next to the fire.

I should get more fire wood but, Migo worriedly looked outside the cave again. If I leave, will Percy be okay?

Deciding he won't be gone for long Migo went and grabbed a few pieces of scrap wood that were a little ways from the cave.

On his way back, Migo tried to think of a way to explain the whole soul bonding thing to Percy.

Migo then heard a low growling coming from the cave Percy and he were in. Migo quickly ran to the cave.

Once inside, he saw a bear next to Percy.

Percy was, thankfully, still knocked out.

Migo quickly asked the bear what they were doing.

The bear spun around to look at the yeti.

"Is this thing yours?" She asked gesturing to Percy.

"Yes, he is. Can I help you with anything else?" Migo said, slightly angered that this bear had called Percy a thing.

"Why are you both in my cave?" The bear said.

"We just need somewhere to stay until the storm passes." Migo said looking back outside to see the blizzard had started.

The bear, seeming to understand, nodded. "Fine, just don't come to the back." She said as she walked to the back of the cave out of sight.

Migo quickly set the wood down and stoced the fire.

A few hours had passed, when Percy began to stir.

Migo held his breath hoping he would be able to explain things to the Smallfoot.

Percy opened his eyes slowly. He looked at the fire.

"Mmm...fire" he moan sleepily. "So warm, so nice...." He muttered. And a lovely color too.

Percy stayed there until he realized what exactly that "lovely color" was.