Cold Betrayal

Migo walked down the staircase with the Stonekeeper. The Stonekeeper had walked past Migo on the stairs to lead the way.

Migo felt uneasy. He was worried about Percy.

The Stonekeeper lead Migo to a room with carvings of yetis and smallfoot.

Migo looked over the wall in suprise.

"What is this?" Migo asked.

"This is the truth about the Smallfoot." The Stonekeeper said.

"You see Migo, Smallfoot are the reason we fled up here. They cast us out, they are savages."

"But, Percy isn't like that at all." Migo protested.

Migo suddenly felt frightened and scared.

"They're all like that. When you found him, did he great you with open arms?" The Stonekeeper asked.

Migo was surprised by this question. "But I didn't find him." Migo admits.

"What?" Stonekeeper asked in suprise.

"He sorta found me." Migo said.

The Stonekeeper looked at Migo in suprise.

"Well, this will be more difficult then I thought." The Stonekeeper muttered.

"What?" Migo asked.

The Stonekeeper turned to Migo.

"Migo," Stonekeeper placed his hand on Migo's shoulder. "Smallfoot can't know we exist."

"What?!" Migo exclaimed. "Why?"

"Because they are terrible creatures, that will conquer and pillage if we don't stop them." The Stonekeeper said.

Migo was shocked.

The Stonekeeper then directed Migo to a different room. It was a little ways past the carvings on the wall.

Where is he taking me? Migo thought.

"I know you won't understand right away Migo, but as the Stonekeeper I have to do what is best for the village." The Stonekeeper said.

"Wha-" Migo started.

The Stonekeeper pushed Migo into the room. An ice wall slammed down behind Migo.

"Stonekeeper! What is going on?!" Migo exclaimed, pounding on the ice wall.

Migo felt terrified.

"Please understand Migo, this is what is best for the village." The Stonekeeper said.

Suddenly a desperate yell rang through the tunnels. "MIGO!"

It was Percy. Migo looked at the stonekeeper, panic and anger building up inside him. 

"What did you do?" Migo asked panicked.

"What is best for the village." The Stonekeeper replied.

"Don't worry Migo," he said on a sickly sweet tone. "Up here Smallfoot can't survive. Your Smallfoot won't last much longer."

The Stonekeeper walked away.

Migo's eyes filled with tears. No, no please don't let it be true.

As the Stonekeeper left, his words rang in Migo's head. Up here Smallfoot can't survive.

In a cry of desperation and sadness, Migo called to his soulmate. "PERCY!"

Migo slid down the wall of the cage he was now in. I'm so sorry, Percy. I should have never brought you here.

Migo closed his eyes and cried. Please be okay.