Chapter 2

Celine Dion - All by Myself
Felix's POV
I'm standing in my office looking over the busy streets of New York City when I heard a knock on the door.
I turned around "Come in," I said while settling back on my seat.
My assistant Jacob Sanders came in with an iPad on his right palm.
"Here's your schedule for today Mr.Coleman " He says standing in front of my desk.
"You have a meeting with the Korean investors at 10 am. Brunch with your Mother at 12' and your housekeeper Margarita called to inform you that she packed your luggage for your trip last night, when you slept in the office" Jacob spoke so fast I could hardly hear everything he said.
"Is that all Jacob?" He fixed his big lens glasses "Yes sir" He said before turning around to leave my office quietly.
I am not looking forward to Brunch with my Mother because she's going to start talking about marriage and giving her some grand babies because she's "not getting any younger and neither am I" Her words not mine.
I leaned back on my chair sighing in exhaustion, I really need this vacation because the amount of stress I'm experiencing right now is making me into a ticking time bomb.
I don't believe in love or a forever, my father was very unfaithful to my mother yet she stayed with him because of me, she didn't want me to live in a broken home even though it has always been broken.
My father died 2 years ago from a heart attack, that's when I saw Mom's cheerful and happy side again.
The way my father led his life as an unfaithful man caused me to have thoughts like 'am I going to be like him?' that's why I closed myself off from the female population.
My mom is very persistent on me marrying her best friend's daughter Vivian.
She's a good girl but she's already secretly engaged to her boyfriend of 7 years and is planning to elope with him soon.
Vivian told me this when our parents urged us to meet.
So, we came up with a mutual understanding to tell our parents to back off and let us decide how we wanted to live our lives.
I plan on breaking it to my mom today, I know she's gonna be hurt but she must be stopped because I can't take it anymore.
"Mr. Coleman the investors have arrived" I heard Jacob say through the intercom and I thanked him.
I got up from my chair fixing up my suit and walked out of my office with Jacob following behind me to the conference room.
I entered the Conference room to see the Korean investors sitting rather patiently for my arrival
"좋은 아침 여러분, 기다리게해서 죄송합니다. 시작할까요?"
Translation: (Good Morning Gentlemen, sorry for keeping you waiting. Shall we begin?)
I spoke in Korean shaking Mr.Kim's hand and he seemed shocked to hear me speaking fluently in his language
"콜맨 씨. 당신이 우리 가정의 언어로 인사 해주신 것을 매우 기쁘게 생각합니다."
Translation: (Mr.Coleman I'm very happy you greeted us in our home language.) Mr.Kim tells me gleefully.
It's important to learn a few things about your foreign investors, this is one of the many reasons my company got on the worldwide business level platform.
We started the meeting and I have to say Mr.Kim had some serious logical proposals that would benefit both our companies in the long run.
Jacob pulled out the contracts, we both signed making a deal.
"이 거래를하기 위해 여기까지와 주셔서 감사합니다. 나는 네가 실망하지 않을 것을 약속한다."
Translation: (Thank you for coming all the way here to make this deal Mr.Kim. I promise you won't be disappointed.) I shake both he and his assistant's hands.
"우리를 데려 줘서 고마워. 너가이 거래를 실패하지 않을 것을 알기 때문에 나는 콜맨 씨를 의심하지 않는다."
Translation: (Thank you for having us and I don't doubt you Mr.Coleman because I know you won't fail this deal.)
Mr.Kim and his Assistant bowed in curtesy and I did the same before leading them out.
I went back into my office and my phone starts to ring showing my mom on the caller ID.
I groaned while picking the call
"Hello Mother how has your morning been" I say into the phone
sarcastically
"Felix don't start with me and didn't Jacob inform you of our Brunch today!" Mom angrily snapped
"He did but I just finished up an important meeting with some foreign investors a few minutes ago" I tell her and I have a feeling she's rolling her eyes right now.
"I just a poor mother who is wanting  to spend time with her workaholic son. Is that too much to ask, huh?" There we go with the same old guilt trip sob story mom always brings up.
"Fine Mom stop it, I'll be there in 10 mins" I heard her squeal into the phone and coughed to sound serious again.
"Ok Son see you soon" I cut the call inhaling and exhaling to calm myself down.
I grabbed my car keys leaving the building.

 Dylan O'Brien as Jacob Sanders (Felix's Assistant) 🥰💕 👓

(Felix's Assistant) 🥰💕 👓

Please Vote and Comment 🙏🏾😉
Until Next Time...👋🏾💋