20

Shawn

"She doesn't like me Alex"

I couldn't believe it.

All of my emotions were rushing in as my body broke down, tears falling down my face.

The thoughts in my mind screaming we told you so.

"Shawn stop running" I heard Alex call out. She managed to grab my hand and turned me around to face her. Using her tumb she wiped my watery eyes and engulfed me in a hug.

"It's going to be okay" she hummed as she rubbed circles on my back.

"I can't Alex I just can't"I muttered, my voice hoarse.

"I know that you're hurt Shawn but listen to me okay?"she said sternly. She motioned me to sit down on the floor.

"Elle does actually like you" she said.

I huffed. "You actually fell for her acting as well. She doesn't like me Alex. I'm nothing to her and she is nothing to me" I yelled all of my emotions out.

I couldn't care less about all the people passing by and looking at my desperate state.

"That's bullshit Shawn. You do like her and despite me being extremely mad at Elle for not telling you, maybe she didn't just so that she wouldn't hurt you. But think about it Shawn. If it was a game, she would have broke up with you weeks ago" she muttered.

At that point I couldn't think straight.

All I wanted was to be alone.

I huffed in annoyance.  At that moment I was feeling as if the world was crumbling down upon me. I knew something like this would happen yet I had to take the chance and I ended up falling for her.

Alex placed her hand on my shoulder and stopped me from the constant moving from all the tension that had built up inside me.

I turned to face Alex.

"What am I going to do Alex?"I asked sobbing.

I looked pathetic

She sighed.

"She's all alone Shawn. And before all this drama happened, she was going to surprise you" she said calmly.

"What was she going to do? Drop the bomb herself?" I asked angrily.

"No, but I think you should ask her yourself. It was a sweet thing from her."she said as she wiped the tears from my face.

"I'm going to go check upon Elle now okay? I expect you to go talk things straight with her Shawn. Be the bigger man and try to listen to her" Alex said with a reassuring smile. I tried to return it but I couldn't.

Alex then turned on her heal and left my sight.

Suddenly the bell rang and I huffed in annoyance, knowing I have to face the judging looks from the students I  have in my class.

||||||||||||||||||||||

Elle

I ignored the bell going off as I wasn't in the mood for any classes or facing anyone at the moment. I stood up trying to pick up my pace and make my way towards the bathroom. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand from behind.

I turned around and became face to face with a concerned looking Alex.

"Alex-I" I tried to explain myself but she cut me off.

"Save the crap for later Elle. I'm not the one you should be apologising to"she said.

I looked down and nodded.

"I'm sorry Alex. I never meant to hurt Shawn, really I just didn't think the messed up deal would come up again. I had long forgotten it"I tried to explain.

Alex sighed deeply and engulfed me in a hug. "I care too much for the both of you and I can't stand to see you like this. Give Shawn some time and he'll come around eventually" she muttered.

"Alex" I spoke up. We broke the hug and locked eyes with each other.

"Yeah?"

"I love him"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||