19

Elle

Was all this just a game?

2 weeks later

"He's going to be so excited" Alex squealed as we walked down the school halls. From a distance I could notice Shawn, quietly standing against his locker while scrolling through his phone.

We made our way towards him until someone who I hadn't talked to in forever approached Shawn before us.

"Why the hell is that bitch talking to my child?" Alex said. I slightly giggled at the way she refers to Shawn and I as her children, but then instantly a frown plastered my face as I noticed Lisa acting her way towards Shawn.

She always wanted what was mine

Jealousy was her weakest point

"Shawn" I yelled as both him and Lisa turned to face Alex and I.

"What the hell-" I instantly cut Alex off knowing that she would probably slap Lisa if she was to lose her nerve.

"What are doing here Lisa?" I asked sternly not breaking our eye contact.

"Oh nothing much just checking on Shawn" she said smirking as she crossed her arms.

"Wow, I don't know what your deal is but stay the hell away from us" Alex snapped as she gritted her teeth.

Shawn sat quiet in his current position, while he tensed up slowly. His veins were popping out and his face was turning into a blush red.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you as well, bestie" Lisa said slyly. "I see that you're holding our deal quite well" she continued.

"What deal? What the hell is she talking about?" Alex cut off crossing her arms.

"That deal is long put off. It doesn't stand anymore so go ahead and go continue annoying some other person Lisa" I said sternly but slightly afraid.

"Wait Elle what deal?" Shawn finally spoke up.

I looked at him as my body started shaking. What was I suppose to tell him?

"Oh so Elle hasn't told you yet. Your relationship is all a set up really. I chose you for Elle a long time ago. I dared her to go out with you" Lisa said proudly knowing that she broke my currently stable relationship.

Tears streamed to my eyes and my voice turned hoarse.

Shawn looked at me, his eyes broken and hurt as he quietly sobbed.

"What do you mean- a set up? You don't really like me? Was all this just a game?" He yelled, his voice cracking.

"No Shawn, it started out as a dare but I actually do like you. Please believe me" I cried out.

"I can't believe you Elle. I thought you actually changed, but guess I was wrong" he replied in a broken tone.

He turned around to walk away. I tried to stop him but he brushed me off and continued to walk away with Alex following him.

I fell to the floor as my tears broke. I never cried over anything, especially not over a boy but Shawn- he was different

He was special to me

I curled up in a corner as I pulled up my legs to cover my desperate face. I shut out everything and everyone. The last thing I did before breaking completely was look up to Lisa who looked all succesful. She had done it.
She managed to ruin my happiness.

I had lost him

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||