Chapter Twenty: Candillice Meets Sam

The sound of Andrews thunder spell had caused the walls to shake. A vase of roses fell from a stand next to the stage but Varnaulk managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"My theatre is a mess and we have three shows to put on tomorrow. Outside please take this outside!" Varnaulk screamed at them but they would not listen. One of the soldiers had left the group to retrieve the gun that Carlyle had whipped away from him, he intended to shoot at the Tigris.

Varnaulk would not have anymore shooting in his theatre. He sneaked up on the soldier and hit him in the head with the vase knocking him unconscious.

The vase broke and Varnaulk was displeased as the pieces fell to the ground. 

But when he saw the soldier knocked out on the floor he turned to run away.

Kenneth laughed as he dodged Carlyle's whip, the Genetic Harp increased his agility and when the whip hit him the pain did not hurt as much as it should. Kenneth managed to grab Carlyle's whip but Carlyle wrapped it around his arm tight to prevent Kenneth from pulling it away.

"Let's see how far I can make you fly!" Kenneth said as he swung Carlyle around and threw him over Candillice's head. Candillice was furious she drew her sword towards Kenneth. 

He jumped causing the Genetic Harp to fall from his hands and roll under the seats.

"Uh I think I've had enough fun here you go Sam," Kenneth said with a smirk on his face.

Kenneth had handed Sam a shock stick. Sam looked at this shock stick and realized that it was the same prodding device that he had seen the night before when he watched the beasts poking the caged prisoners with them.

"Don't screw up freak boy!" Kenneth yelled as he ran to his father.

Candillice turned her attention to Sam as he now stood between her and the Sorcerer.

"Princess there are no Great Warriors here! These are not Mighty Heroes! They are but cowards!" Carlyle yelled while he staggered back to his feet.

"I came all this way I can't just give up now!" Candillice shouted in response to Carlyle.

Andrew felt an ever increasing pain and a sensation like a cold icy wind over his entire body. Andrew screamed in torment, he let go of Reegan to place his hands on his head in an attempt to alleviate the pain.

"You're really crazy man! Get that checked out!" Reegan yelled as he tried to get away from Andrew. 

"THE PAIN!" Andrew screamed. 

"KILL HER!" He shouted, but his voice was not his own, he was losing control.

Andrew raised his sceptre once more and a dark whirlwind of energy engulfed the theatre. The whirlwind knocked back the soldiers and the Tigris guardsmen who stood by Candillice side. Sam watched the whirlwind around him, he recognized that it looked like the same dark energy he had seen at the camp site when Adimniss attacked.

The wind crept closer creating a barrier of energy that surrounded Sam and Candillice.

Sam didn't want his toque to fly off, he pulled it down over his head.

When he looked up again at the feline warrior woman he realized she was still pointing her sword at him. Her eyes looked like they were filled with a wild and deadly determination. Sam looked down to see the shock stick in his hands and hesitantly placed it behind his back, He backed up as he tried to signal to her that he was not the one who wanted to fight her.