Chapter Forty Seven: Perfecting the Formula

Sam and his team played Droneflag all morning, they were having so much fun that they were disappointed when an early afternoon thunderstorm cut their game short.

As the rain fell outside, they spent the rest of the day inside of Reegan's ship talking about game plans, formations and other strategic discussions. 

It was many hours later when the storm passed. 

Sam walked outside and noticed that it was a clear night sky. He grabbed one of Reegan's large picnic blankets with hopes to sit in the grass and look up at the stars. 

Rufus decided not to disturb Sam but he could not resist the opportunity to borrow one of Reegan's telescopes. It was the same model he used the night they had to run from Adimniss and luckily Reegan kept one on his ship for himself. Rufus grabbed Reegan and they both headed to an open field outside of the camp with the telescope. 

Reegan was thinking this would be a good opportunity to use the information that Toido had gathered. It was his hope to determine for certain their exact location. 

"It didn't take too long for us to travel through the gate that night. We can't be too far from Earth!" Reegan explained to Rufus. 

"Allow me to calculate the position of the anomaly Toido reported initially. There should be a planetoid that is rotating at an accelerated spin with an erratic orbit around the sun." 

It didn't take long to find the object in question, Rufus thought it looked familliar but in his thoughts he wanted to remain objective. 

"There it is! Now lets scan it for identification across the catalog of moons and asteroids in Earth's solar system!" Rufus stated. 

This was a very close object, it was in fact the closest moon like object in the sky of the planet they were currently inhabiting. 

Rufus and Reegan gave each other a grim look when the computer on the telescope confirmed to them it was Earth's Moon. 

"I don't see Earth could it be out of reach of this telescopes vantage point?" 

Rufus asked but Reegan shook his head. 

"Maybe you just can't see it through the increased resonance of this planet? Maybe we should ask Nal about this before telling the others. . . . " Reegan stated. 

"June's coming quick turn the telescope to Jupiter or something!" Reegan exclaimed. 

Candillice had just finished getting some extra training time in with Carlyle, but after the training he had left to get firewood so Candillice went looking for Sam as she had been wanting to speak with him alone. 

"Sam where are you?" She called. 

"Over here!" He replied waving his arms in the air from the blanket he was laying on. 

Candillice rushed to sit down next to him but not before brushing off some of the large ants creeping up on the blanket. 

"That's why I grabbed the blanket to sit on!" Sam told Candillice as she was brushing the insects away. 

Candillice reached into her bag and pulled out some dried herb leaves, she placed them around the corners of the blanket. 

"Nasty biters! These should keep them away!" She replied before laying down to look up at the stars next to Sam. 

They laid there silently for a few moments watching the stars, just breathing the fresh air and listening to the sounds of nature. 

"Sam can I ask you something?" Candillice said breaking the silence.