Chapter Five: Sam receives the Pendant

Sam, Rufus and June had just finished eating dinner when a beeping sound came from June's phone. 

"It's an email from Reegan! It's about his meet and greet tonight!" June shouted excitedly and proceeded to read the large text file out loud.

"Marshmallows will be roasted tonight at the campfire along with a special sneak peek at the next Volume of the book series The Races of People from the Star Nations coming soon to the people of Earth,"

"There's a list of fun activities too!" She shouted excitedly.

June scrolled down to the activities page.

"Pet a Cuteylelle."

"A giant furry flea like creature I believe," Rufus explained. His facial expression showed that he had no intention of petting a Cuteylelle.

"Meet Toido the Protolian?"June continued with the list. 

Rufus perked up.

 "I have read about Protolians! A mechanical race of beings from the star system of Protolia, They have a vast database of knowledge!"

June looked up at Sam who appeared interested, so she continued.

"Afterwards we will be doing feats of strength with a new machine invented by the Poladeans."

"Feats of Strength?" Sam asked June with great interest.

"Yeah it says - This is a prototype that unlocks human potential. Please fill out the attached consent form," Sam looked up at his father who gave him a disapproving look.

"Clear the table for our guests, son. I'll put it in the dishwasher," Bradley said.

"One moment please. I would like to scan the food before it is removed from the table," Rufus said.

Rufus scanned the leftovers which included sausage, corn, sauerkraut and potatoes that Bradley had prepared for dinner. He attempted to scan the sauerkraut but he was getting a red light.  "Hold it there! I fermented that myself! You can't make fermented food with those gadgets. . . . Not even E.T.'s can do that ya know," Bradley laughed.

"Sammy quick! It's Reegan's tv show I found it!" June shouted loudly at Sam who was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher. Sam ran over to the television room and sat on the couch next to Rufus and June as the show's intro began to play. 

The shows opening sequence was a montage of various clips showing the explorer Reegan facing dangers across the Galaxy. Each clip was exciting as it showed mountain climbing on an asteroid, Going over a water fall in a giant raft, surrounded by small alien creatures that seemed to look like alien monkeys stealing his back pack and hat. 

It ended with a dramatic shot of him looking up towards the stars.

"I'm Fenz Reegan, archaeologist and explorer. In my travels I have searched for clues to solving the greatest mysteries of the Universe, I often end up in some extraordinary situations, Join me in my search to uncover secrets in The Galaxy of the Unknown!"

A knock was heard at the door. Bradley answered the door to see that it was Elizabeth Peyton, June's mother. She was a woman in her late thirties with curly hair and wearing a blue dress.

"Hi Brad, I came by to pick up June and Rufus," she said as she played with her hair.

"Are you coming out to see Reegan tonight as well?" she asked with a smile.

"I got work up on my ship tonight," Bradley replied.

"Your Mom's here June, time to go," He turned around to shout.