Chapter 6

Ethan

    "Ethan!" Grayson yelled. He came in my room. "Ethan, Harley wrote us back from her camp!"

    "Ok." I mumbled and put my pillow over my head.

"Don't you want to read it?" Gray asked.

"I can read it later." I said. I don't get how Grayson can get up so early in the morning. It's like, physically impossible for me to get up earlier than 8.

"Fine. But you know we still need to film today." Gray snatched my pillow off my head.

"What are we doing?" I moaned, rolling on my back and covering my eyes from the sunlight coming through my window. Grayson probably opened it.

"It's a surprise." He teased. "But I'll tell you if you get up right now. And get ready."

"Fine, fine." I sat up and squinted at the bright room. Gray threw my pillow at my face and walked out of my room.

I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and chose an outfit.

"What are we doing?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"That 'are you smarter than a fifth grader' thing."

"Ohh. I've seen those. Sounds boring."

"Oh, would you like to come up with an idea right now?"

I sighed. "I guess not."

"Exactly. C'mon, let's get some Starbucks." I followed Gray out the door.

'Where's that letter from Harley though?" I asked him.

"Oh, right here." He pulled a piece of paper out from his jeans pocket.

I was tired, so I didn't feel like reading the whole thing right then. I skimmed it but something caught my eye- Tessa Chamberlain.

"Grayson- do you know who this is?" I pointed to the name on the paper and showed it to him.

"Emma has a sister?" He shrugged.

"No, dummy!" I hit the back of his head. "Harley's sister!" When me and Emma were still dating, she had twin girls named Harley Olivia and Tessa Scarlett. We broke up a little while later and Emma took Tessa and moved to Santa Cruz up north, while I was to look after Harley here in Los Angeles.

"Harley's sister! Right!" His eyes opened wide.

"They must have met at summer camp!"

"Do you think Emma knows?"

"Maybe. Tessa might have written her."

"Should we write her back and tell her that Tessa is her twin?" Gray asked.

"I don't know," I answered. "Not yet. I think we should wait."

"Ok." Grayson replied.

Emma

I shook my head.

"Harley Dolan." I said to myself. Tessa had written me from her summer camp, saying that she saw a girl who looked exactly like her who was named Harley. Harley Dolan. That's Ethan's daughter. My daughter.

When Ethan and I were still dating, which was about 13 years from then, we had little twin girls. Tessa Scarlett and Harley Olivia. We broke up about a year after they were born and I moved to Santa Cruz with Tessa and Ethan stayed with Harley in Los Angeles. Besides occasionally watching their weekly Youtube videos, I haven't seen Ethan or Grayson in almost 13 years! It felt kind of good to know that Harley is doing well.

I haven't told Tessa that she is a twin yet, because I was scared that she would track down who it was, find out that Ethan was her dad, and we would have to meet up again. The last time we were all together, Ethan and I were saying goodbye at the airport. I was carrying little Tessie in my arms and Ethan and Grayson had baby Harley bundled up in a stroller.

Oh, how I miss her so much.