Chapter 3

Harley

The next morning, after we got ready and ate breakfast, we went to our first set of activities. My first two, canoeing and arts and crafts, were with Maya, so I walked around with her since I didn't know the campus very well.

"There's the boys' cabins. We're not allowed to go there, for obvious reasons. They're not allowed to come to the girls' cabins either. That's the archery range and a little farther is the rifles range." Maya told me.

"Rifles?" I was shocked at that.

"Yeah. Only people that are twelve and older are allowed to use them. And, if your wondering, there has never been an "accident" with the rifles. I asked Lisa because Emily was scared to try them but me and Quinn and Parker convinced her. Oh, there's the lake. The canoe house it right around there."

"Okay." Maya was really verbose. She could talk for years.

The canoe instructor, Bryce, went over some ground rules, like no more that three people in one canoe, no standing up in the canoes, always wear a life vest, stuff like that.

"So you hold the paddle like this," Maya put her left hand on the top of the paddle and her right on the middle part. I did the same. "And to switch sides, all your have to do is bring the paddle over the front, and put your right hand on top and left hand in the middle." I copied what she did. "There you go. And you're in the back, so that's for power. Front is for steering. So you just need time push the paddle back hard. Got it?"

"Yep." Maya pushed the boat off the dock and I started to paddle.

"Do you want to have a race or just enjoy the lake?"

"I think I'm up for a challenge." I stated.

"Alright," Maya shrugged. "Hey, Chance! Noah! Wanna race?" She yelled to another pair of people in a canoe. They started to paddle over.

Maya turned around and faced me. "That's Chance, in the front and Noah in the back. Ready?"

"You bet!" Noah said.

"Ready!" Maya said.

"Set!" Chance said. I got my paddle ready.

"Go!" We all said at the same time. Well, around the same time. I might have started pushing through the water early. Sue me.

"Ha! We win!" I shouted when we got to the other side of the lake.

"Nice try, but we won!" Noah said.

"Oh yeah, Chance, Noah, this is Harley." Maya introduced me.

"Sup."  Chance said.

"Sup." Noah said.

"Hey." I smiled.

--------------------------------------------X----------------------------------------------

After that was arts and crafts. Me and Maya made dream catchers. After that, we went back to the cabin to drop off our things and meet the other girls, then we all walked to the dining hall for lunch.

"What do you think is for lunch today?" Logan asked as she dribbled a small rock between her feet.

"Spaghetti?" Quinn suggested.

"Tacos. I want tacos. I like tacos." Parker said.

I laughed. Maya smiled, rolled her eyes and said, "We all know how much you like tacos, Parker."

"Yeah, but Harley doesn't." She pointed out.

"Harley doesn't need  to know."

"What if she does?"

"What if she doesn't care?"

"Harley do you care that I like tacos?" Parker asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess. I mean, I know now."

"Well there. Now you know I like tacos." Parker said, like she accomplished something great.

"Once, she ate a whole 12 taco box by herself." Emily laughed.

"Oh my gosh, I remember that! She ordered Taco Bell and got them to deliver here. She skipped lunch and ate those! We didn't even know!"

"Then she exploded the bathroom!" Logan practically screamed. Everyone was laughing, even Parker! I could tell these girls were close. They always tell me stories of past years at Henry Miller.

"Are you guys okay?" A passerby asked us. She had dirty-blonde hair and dark blue eyes. She was probably walking to the dining hall too, because five other girls were standing around her.

"Hey Sophia. Yeah, we're good." Emily responded.

"Remember the time when I skipped lunch and ate 12 tacos instead?" Parker said, out of breath from laughing so hard.

"Omg! Yes, I totally remember that!" One of Sophia's friends said.

"We should probably go to lunch now." Quinn said.

We all started walking together, and as we did, everyone from the other cabin, which was Legally Blonde, introduced themselves. Sophia Donovan, Lizzie Scott, Blair Brown, Ruby-Rose Princeton, Jessica Ross-Jones, and Tessa Chamberlain. When I saw her, I was beyond shocked. Everyone around was shocked. Oh my gosh. We look the same!