Chapter 12

Tessa

During the last week of camp, there was a little party. Kind of like a going away party. Harley and I saw it as a chance to do some kind of dress rehearsal. I would act as Harley, with my hair down and wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Harley would go as me with french-braided hair.

"Ready?" Harley asked me as she tied a ribbon at the bottom of her braid.

I sighed and tied Harley's- my- blue sneakers. "Ready as I'll ever be."

Harley and I did a quick sister handshake before making our way out of our cabin and to the big field.

I was looking for Logan, Maya, Parker, Emily, and Quinn when someone jumped on me and yelled, "Harley!!"

"Parker!" I said and hugged her back. Harley told me about her, but Sophia from my cabin and Emily from Harley's cabin were close. Tight, as Harley would say. "How have you guys been holding up?"

"Pretty good. Nothing very exciting. How have you been with Tessa?" Quinn asked me.

"Eh, we're chill now. I guess we realized that we have to get along if we are going to be sharing a cabin for the rest of the summer." I answered.

"Oh my gosh, what happened to your wrist?" Logan asked, inspecting my right hand, the one with the brace.

"Oh, I accidentally ran into the tree on the ropes course. You know the last platform with the big tree going through the middle of it? That one." I answered.

"How long have you had it?" Logan asked again.

"Just a few days." I responded.

"C'mon, guys. Quit chit-chatting and let's have some fun!" Maya said, pointing to all the games on the big lawn.

"Is that a dunk tank?" I snickered. There was a dunk tank every year, but Harley was new to the camp, so I had to act like I didn't know a lot about Miller.

"Yeah. Wanna try?" Maya offered.

"Throwing? Because I can't throw." I pointed to my wrist.

"Oh, well you can go in the actual tank, if you want to." Maya said.

"What? Really? That's so cool!" I said.

"I know, right?" Logan laughed.

"Wait, I don't have a swimsuit on." I pointed out.

"Exactly." Parker nodded.

I chuckled. "To the dunk tank!"

"Can I throw?" Quinn asked.

"Sure."

I climbed into the big plastic cylinder that held the water. The counselor for the dunk tank instructed me to sit on the chair that was over the water. I crossed my arms in an X over my chest and thought to myself, "Wakanda forever."

"Fire away, Quinn." I said.

Quinn got three tennis balls to throw at a target on the right side of the water tank part. She hit the target on the second try.

"Ahh!" I screamed as the chair I was sitting on gave way and I was suddenly submerged I cold water. I swam upwards, and when I got out of the dunk tank, I said, "That was so coo!" The counselor handed me a towel to dry off with.

<><><>

Hi peeps! Sorry for not updating in 32058245072485284 years. I've just had major writer's block. Also, sorry that this chapter is so short. XOXO, Lia <3

Q: Will Harley give away her identity? Comment!