Chapter 9

Harley

Maya and Quinn came back to the cabin all wet. "What happened to you two?" Parker asked as she threw a baseball to Logan. They were playing catch. Me and Emily were reading and waiting for Maya and Quinn to come back.

"Tessa pushed over our canoe." Quinn sounded really mad.

"Did you tell the lifeguard?" I put down my book and asked them.

"I tried, but MAYA said that it was an accident and we fell." Quinn crossed her arms in front of her.

"Whaaat? Tessa mouthed, 'please don't tell them!' So I didn't." Maya defended.

"Ugh." Quinn rubbed her hand over her face like Maya was the dumbest person she has ever spoken to. "Just because someone says something doesn't mean you have to do it!"

"Yeah, if someone tells you to jump off a cliff, are you gonna do it?" Logan asked Maya.

"Well, it really depends." Maya said.

"Wha- what? How?" Quinn looked deeply confused.

"I mean, if you're doing it for some kind of cause.."

"What-that's not the point! Where did that even come from? You know what nevermind." Quinn put her hands up like she surrendered, picked up some dry clothes from her dresser, and stormed into the bathroom to change.

--------------------------------------------X----------------------------------------------

It all happened so quickly.

So I was getting lunch at the line. That night, it was chilli. I was walking over to my table when something tripped me. I didn't see what i fell over, but I let go of my lunch tray to catch myself on the ground (which didn't work by the way. I landed on my forearms instead of my palms). I looked up and my tomato soup was all over Tessa! I felt so sorry!

I didn't get a chance to say that though, because Tessa threw a piece of cornbread at me. I dodged it, and it hit an innocent person behind me. Then some dude yelled, "Food fight!!!" At the top of his lungs. I remember rolling my eyes and running out of the dining hall, only getting a little bit of food on me.

I've seen movies with food fights, and people just stand there and get all disgusting. Like Tessa. I actually giggled at that thought.

I walked calmly back to the cabin. No one could see me, because all the staff were in the dining hall trying to cool down the food fight. I took a shower and as I stepped out into the main room of our cabin, all the other girls came in.

"Harley! What was that?"

"Where were you?"

"Were you here the whole time?"

"One, that was a food fight, two, I sneaked off to the cabin right after it started, and three, I was there for a little bit." I answered.

"Bro, you know Lisa and Lottie are gonna send you to the solitude cabin right?" Parker said seriously.

"What's that?" I asked.

"They're going to put you and Tessa in a cabin by yourselves, and you're going to have to do all of your activities together." Emily said.

I groaned on Parker's bottom bunk.

[sorry again for the short chapter! I might post less often because I have two more stories I want to work on. XOXO, Lia]