Chapter 09

"Isn't it better to go to the hospital?"

Lee Know couldn't concentrate on driving when there was a person dying behind. His nerves were wrecking and he felt like he was doing something really wrong.

"Just call Changbin. He will know what to do."

"Are you sure?"

"Have I never been sure before?"

Lee Know just let out a sigh and gave up in convincing her.

Hyejin, on the other hand, tried her best to stop the bleeding. Hyunjin had his head laying on top of her shoulder and was sweating. His body felt so hot. He seemed to be having fever as well and looked a lot skinner than the last time she saw him. Hyejin was really worried about his condition but she didn't want to add up more problems for Lee Know so she pretended to be fine.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Lee Know helped to carry the boy out of the car as gently as he could because he didn't want to injure an injured person. He brought him up to their house and Hyejin followed behind him. She rushed to open the doors whenever Lee Know struggled to do so.

They ended up in the guest room with Hyunjin laying on the bed. He didn't seem to be regaining his conscious soon and all they could do was wait for the doctor to arrive.

Hyejin shifted in a way so that she was sitting closer to Hyunjin and held his hand. With her free hand, she pushed his bangs to the side.

"What happened to you while I was gone?"

Her thoughts were cut off when Lee Know told her Changbin was here. The two rushed to escort the doctor and helped him with everything they could. The doctor stared at Hyunjin and then glared at the two. They gave him a sheepish grin but Changbin was not having any of their idiotic acts.

"You called a medical student over to take care of this kind of case?! Someone who is only in his second year?!" Changbin spoke. He was utterly speechless by his two older friends and didn't know how in the world they even managed to come up with such a decision.

"You are a genius," Hyejin complimented and Changbin rolled his eyes.

"Thank you but still not a good idea."

"Please, Changbin. He can't be brought to the hospital just like that."

Changbin rubbed his forehead and let out a sigh.

"We will sneak him to the hospital then."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

And so the journey of the three friends began when they arrived at the hospital with the two passengers cursing at Lee Know for almost getting them killed with his driving skills. Time was ticking and Hyunjin's condition was getting worse. He sure had a strong resistance but he was still a human.

"Okay, we will go in from the back door which I always used to slip out secretly whenever we had practical sessions."

"Worst doctor ever," Lee Know commented and Hyejin nodded in agreement.

"Hey! Try watching the same surgery over and over again. All those organs and blood just give me shivers down the spine."

The two didn't say anything to add to his statement and the youngest just groaned. He led them in the hospital and managed to occupy a room without anyone noticing.

"I'll go get my professor who is the head of the ER department. He should be able to help us..," he paused when the two looked at him. He continued, "Who will not say anything about us."

They grinned and Changbin just rolled his eyes for the nth time.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Everything went well and they decided to spend the night at the hospital because Hyunjin had not wake up yet and they were all tired. Changbin told them that they were allowed to use the room and to not worry about anything.

Obviously they weren't worried since Changbin was the son of the director of the hospital which they had broken into and could be relied on anytime even though he always acted as if he would leave them on the streets if any problems had risen.

Hyejin was staring at Hyunjin and tried to put the puzzles together but nothing was popping up. Heck, they only knew each other for three days and it was not even in a good way.

"Did he really leave the door unlocked because he knew this might happen?" she mumbled to herself. "What about Jeongin? Will he be fine?"

Lee Know tapped on her shoulder and pointed to the door, gesturing her to leave with him. She took a glance at Hyunjin whose breathing was stable after a while. She followed him outside where Changbin was leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

"What exactly were you thinking? Who is he and what kind of relationship do you have with him? He's the one from the news, right?" Changbin threw questions at her.

Before Hyejin could answer, Lee Know added, "Exactly! Don't tell me he's your boyfriend or something. It will be hard to handle another scandal when I've just finished cleaning up the previous one."

With the two buzzing continuously, she shouted at them to get their attention.

"That's right! He's my boyfriend and I need to keep him close with me or I'll die because I love him that much. So, you better do something about it or I'll runaway with him again."

The two boys looked at her, flabbergasted. Before they could even move a muscle, she held her hand up to stop them from saying anything.

"And if you think I wouldn't do that, you are wrong because I will and I can. So, just do something about it before I will really get eloped with him and you will never see or hear from Lee Hyejin again."

"No!" the two screamed in fear and Hyejin gave them the 'i am serious' look. She flipped her hair and went back into the shared room to find Hyunjin awake and seated on the bed, looking stunned.

Hyejin cleared her throat and Hyunjin flinched as he had been caught eavesdropping.

"I-um- is that true?"

Hyejin froze as her brain tried to come up with a good answer. She told herself to calm down and that she was only doing this because he had saved her before.

"I-it's not like I like you or something. I'm just doing this because you didn't leave me on the streets when I fainted. I'm just repaying you because I don't like being indebted to another person."

She wanted to just find a hole and hide away. It was so embarrassing. She couldn't believe she even stuttered. A top actress like her whose acting had brought the movies to become blockbusters shouldn't be affected by a presence of a mere boy like Hyunjin.

However, that was just her wishful thinking. She couldn't understand why her heart was beating so wildly and why the room felt so hot all of a sudden.

"Your face is red..."

"That's because it's hot here!" She grabbed the aircon remote and lowered the temperature. She fanned herself and didn't dare to meet eyes with him who was chuckling.

"Thank you."

Hyejin smiled and sat down beside him. She knew he needed her help and was more than happy that she made this choice although there were going to be more situations which would made her regret the decision she took that night... or would she?