Ch. 6

Louis

I drove home in the quiet, just thinking about the night before. I was getting way too attached already. I needed to distance myself, cause I was going to end up falling in love with the boy at this rate. But I can't forget about his boyfriend in the mix of all this.

I know he claims to be happy with him, but I'm not so sure. I haven't met the guy, it's only been a couple days, but that's not putting him on my nice list. I can't believe he just leaves Harry at home all alone, and goes off to work. I know that's what you do, but when it's that far away you usually bring loved ones with you. Plus, the fact that he doesn't text him much makes me sad. Harry deserves so much better than him.

I don't want to be cocky, but I can be so much better. I'll give him morning kisses, and hugs. Make him breakfast in bed. Surprise him with random gifts and just cherish him. I can give him strong kisses that leave him breathless. Because that's what Harry deserves. And Nick isn't providing that.

I finally pulled up to Liam's house and stopped in the driveway for a bit. I needed to smoke, just to chill. I've been about a month sober, but the situation with Harry has me thinking a lot lately.

I rummage through my glove box and find what I'm looking for. I pull out the cigarettes and my neon yellow lighter. Just a quick one won't hurt. I'll go back to not smoking as soon as I do it. Or that's what I told myself anyways.

I stepped out of the car and pulled a cigarette from the package. I put it against my lips as I leaned against the building. I lit it and took a long drag, watching the smoke leave my lips after a moment. As soon as I did it, I felt better. I sat out there until it was almost dead, and finally went to the front door. I marched up the cement stairs up front and pushed past the glass doors.

I passed the receptionist and made my way to Liam's floor. I knocked and waited for an answer. I hadn't texted him that I was going to come over, so I gave him a second. After about a minute he finally came to the door. "Oh! Louis, didn't know you were coming over." He smiled, looking back behind him into his apartment. "Uh, yeah. Sorry I didn't warn you, just needed to talk."

I stepped forward, expecting to be let in. But he sat a hand on my chest to keep me out. "Liam, what the hell-" "Lou, there's actually someone over right now." My eyebrows shot up in surprise and I stepped back. "Oh, sorry mate. I uhm, I'll be over later maybe?" I scratched my neck as I heard someone on the other side. "Li, who's there?" It was a mans voice.

"Just my friend Lou, hun. I'll be back in a second." Then the blonde from the bar appeared over his shoulder. "Oh! You're the one from the bar, right?" He asked cheerfully. I picked up on the accent and let out a little grin. "Er, yeah. I gotta go though. So uhm, talk to you later Li." He just nodded and gave a little wave.

I didn't expect him and this guy to stay together longer than a night. Were they dating? I don't know, but I'd be asking a lot of questions later.

I walked back out of the building and just sat in my car for a few minutes. Thinking about Harry. It was something I'd been doing a lot lately. He was just always on my mind. I definitely considered him my best friend at this point. Yes, we'd known each other only over the weekend, but when we hung out we ended up getting pretty close. And it was just so easy to talk to him about anything, and everything.

I turned the keys to ignition, and let the car run for a moment. I felt like I was stuck in a daze when I wasn't around him. Like the world was moving a lot slower than usual. I shook my head at the thought of him and turned my radio up to the loudest notch. Hopefully the music would distract me for a while.