Ch. 10

Harry

I felt so pathetic. I tried everything I could to keep Louis out of my mind. I played a game of scrabble by myself, I cooked lemon sugar cookies, and I tried to draw on my balcony for a little while. Nothing worked.

I walked around my house, picking up things that I left lying around. I hummed along to the kitchen stereo playing 'My girl' by The Temptations. I even danced along every now and then.

I spun through my living room, and picked up the colored pencils I left lying on my tv stand. "Well I guess you'd say! What can make me feel this way? My girl-" I sang loudly, closing my eyes and throwing my hands up dramatically. "My girl, my girl!" I hit the higher ones, "Talkin' bout my girl!"

Dusty was laid out on the carpet, watching me dance and sing like an idiot. I plopped down on the couch, and sighed. Pushing down emotions was exhausting.

The music continued, as I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was only noon, Louis had left around 3 hours ago. I sighed and laid down on my favorite throw pillow, which was orange with thin white lines going horizontal along the pillow.

I turned on the tv to play some old documentary on Elvis Presley. It was actually quite interesting, but not enough to keep my mind off the blue eyed boy.

I stood up, and turned off the tv and the stereo in the kitchen. I decided I needed to get out for a little bit. I picked up a beige hoodie laying on the floor of my room, and slid on some black skinny jeans. I grabbed my keys, and said goodbye to Dusty.

Louis was flooding through my thoughts right now. The look on his face when I told him I couldn't kiss him again... and the way he looked back at me right before he shut the door. God, he looked so damn hurt. I knew I messed up my chances with him now.

I needed to stop thinking like that. I never had a chance int he first place. Because I had a boyfriend! Christ, I kept forgetting that. I really needed to call him and come clean, but just thinking about his reaction made me tremble.

Nick was always sweet and kind to me, but whenever I messed up, he tended to get a little mad. Usually he would just yell a little, and then be fine. He never hit me, it wasn't like that. But I was still sensitive, and pretty much anyone who raised their voice at me made me cry. So a lot of our arguments ended in screaming and crying.

I pulled out my phone, and looked at his contact for awhile. I decided I would call him later. Because right now, I was too scared.

I walked out of the lobby, and made my way to my car. I sat in the front seat for a second, thinking about what I should go do. I thought about inviting Niall to go out with me, but I just wasn't in the mood to see anyone. Besides Louis that is.

I decided to go to the market, and get some groceries. But I was going to take the long way... and maybe pass Louis' house. I don't think I'd ever have the guts to say hello, but maybe he'd be outside doing some yard work shirtless or something. Or at least I hoped.

I was surprised to see his car was missing. Where would he have gone? Maybe he was out partying, like he was the night we met. Maybe he planned on getting drunk, and having a decent fuck. I cringed at the thought. I knew he wasn't like that, but my mind immediately assumed the worst.

I pulled up to the store, and got out. It seemed pretty empty today, but I didn't mind. I entered to see that I was correct, the store was practically empty.

I made my way to the fruit section, because I had been dying for some peaches this last week. I bagged a few, and turned around to see a pretty bleach blonde girl looking through the strawberries. I waited patiently for her to leave, so that I could get some of my own.