Ch. 9

Louis

I rolled over in my bed, for the fifth time now, and sighed. I'd been laying here for about 2 hours now, after I left Harry.

  It was such a weird departure. He gave me a sad smile, and I swear I even saw his eyes glistening with tears. But I couldn't know for sure.

  I think I'd fallen for him. Maybe not love just yet, but I knew I was at least infatuated with him.

  I wanted to know everything about him. All his hopes, dreams, what he thinks about while he listens to certain songs. Everything. Because his mind was so different than anyone's I had ever met.

  Here's the thing with people; I don't really like them much.

  They're all just too repetitive. Their minds all work the same way. But Harry, he was special. His mind worked in such an enchanting and different way, than I had ever experienced. He saw so much light in the world, but either way he excepted the bad. He worked so hard on keeping everyone happy, and it was one of my favorite qualities about him.

  I wanted to read more of his poems in his book, and journal. I could already tell that I would love them. But I wouldn't invade on his privacy like that, not without his permission anyways.

  The lighting in my room changed as a cloud moved away from the sun. I watched the millions of dust particles drift in front of my open window. My room was silent, except for my soft breathing and the filtered noises outside.

  I was giving myself too much time to think. I needed to get out, and keep myself busy. I hated thinking for this long. I usually ended up getting hurt somehow.

  I sat up, and rubbed the stress off of my face. I decided I needed to go away for awhile, maybe just a week. And try to figure things out on my own, and maybe make some friends along the way.

  I picked up my jean jacket, phone, shoes, keys, and packet of cigarettes, then made my way to the door. I looked back at my empty house, and came to the realization that I was a coward. A coward running away from his feelings.

  Oh well.

  I left the house, and decided not to look back again. I slipped into my car, and turned on 'Cool With You' by Her's. It was one of my favorite songs, and I couldn't help but sing along quietly.

I pulled out of my driveway, and drove off to who knows where. I decided to just keep going straight, and figure out where I was later.

  I passed restaurants, neighborhoods, and many many gas stations. Until finally, I stopped in front of a large brick building.

  I stepped outside, and looked at all the colorful trees framing the library. I loved it here. I stopped visiting as frequently, because I had been spending so much time with Harry. But I decided this was the best place to go right now.

  The sun had shifted, and it was now shining from behind the tall trees in front of me. There weren't too many cars, and it was eerily silent outside. No birds, no talking, nothing.

  I walked up the marble steps, and listened to my loud footsteps. I pushed past the large doors, and the mood was altered drastically.