Chapter 6

I thought that it was Daniel.
 I thought that I would see him standing there waiting for me to open the door, but I was wrong.

Instead of Daniel, Stephanie was standing at my door. Fear rushed through me and I was ready to close the door and run to my room at my corner, but she got in anyway.
 "Who do you think you are?" she asked me in a bitchy voice. "Nobody" I instantly  replied, "Exactly, you are nobody. You are just a human. Listen to me little slut, just because you are Daniel's mate doesn't mean I will respect you. You are just a human to me" she said, "What-", "Don't interrupt me. You have no place in the werewolf world, you can't be an Alpha Female, you are just human. Do you seriously think that Daniel, an Alpha Werewolf, would accept you? I suggest you stay away from Daniel, I will be the Alpha Female" she said.

I was standing in front of her listening to everything she was saying. At first I thought it was a prank, she was just messing with me, but she was serious. She was talking about werewolves and alpha something. She said that Daniel is an Alpha? I remember Clair's words and how many times she was going to say Alpha, but she always stopped.
"W-what are you talking about?" I asked her with shaky voice.

She looked at me confused. "You don't know anything, do you?" she asked me, but I didn't say anything. I was just looking straight to her eyes. "You are living a lie" she said. "Your best friend, her family, your Daniel. They are werewolves. You know, they can turn into a wolf. Have you ever gone to Daniel's house?" she asked me and I shook my head like telling her no. "He never invited you, because he lives in a pack house. There are a lot of werewolves in this town. But you don't know the worst thing, you are mated to an Alpha" she said.

"Mated?" I asked, "Like soul-mates, your destiny is Daniel, but you are human and you can never be. I will be" she said. "Clair, Daniel" I whispered, "Yes, they are werewolves, Luc is one too, and their parents are too. I am a werewolf" she said and my eyes open wide.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you. But you will stay away from Daniel, I will be his Alpha female not a human like you. You are useless Cathy" she said.

She looked at me one more time, before closing the door. I heard her car engine turn on and driving away. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Daniel, Clair, Luc. I couldn't believe it, but that explains why Clair listen to Daniel's wishes, why Daniel was in the woods.

"Oh, God.No, no,no, no" I keep saying again and again. Just then the doorbell rung, I froze knowing who it was. I tried to wipe my tears away, but my puffy eyes were still there. I opened the door and saw Daniel. When he saw me he looked worried, "Cathy what's wrong?" he asked me coming closer, when I took a step back. "Stay away" I said, "What? Why, what did I do?" he asked, "Why was Stephanie here?" he suddenly asked. How does he know? I thought, a werewolf thing my inner voice replied.

"You, Clair, Luc" I said while shaking my head. "Cathy what's wrong, you are scaring me" he said. "You are a freak" I said and he froze. "You are a monster" I said again. "Stephanie was here to tell me the truth" I said, "What truth?" he asked. "The one that you or Clair didn't tell me" I yell at him.

"Cathy I-" he went to say, but I cut him off, "You what?" I kept yelling "You are a werewolf" I screamed and I saw him stiffen.
"Why?" I asked him whispering, "Why didn't no one, why didn't" I was whispering probably to myself. "I wanted to" he finally said while closing the door and walking to sit on the couch. When he sat he continued, "I wanted to tell you everything, but I couldn't. I was afraid, that you would reject me. That you will run away from me. That's why I stayed away from you, but I couldn't deal without you anymore, so I started over. Started talking to you and show how much I care about you" he said. I took a breath and sat across him, "What is a mate?" I asked him, he looked at me for a second and then started talking again.