Chapter 8

"Shit" Says Daniel after reading whatever the letter was saying.
"Daniel what's wrong?" I asked him, his eyes were wide open looking at me horrified. "N-nothing" he finally says controlling his expression again and offering me a smile.

I knew he was lying, I could see it in his eyes. "Don't lie to me" I said, "Just tell me what the letter is saying". His body was frozen, his eyes were looking into mine, the fake smile had faded from his beautiful face. He took a deep breath and spoke "Wait for me here" and he run back into the house.

I stayed silence and frozen for a moment before I find the strength to move again. I turned and walked back into the house, there were less people around now, I asked a couple of pack members if the know where Daniel was and they all said he was at his father's office.

I walked down the hallway to the office. I could hear voices and I recognized Daniel's and his father's as well. I knocked the door and waiting for someone to reply. "Come in Cathy" I heard Daniel's father telling me. Slowly I opened the door. Daniel was standing up looking tense and his father was sitting at his chair behind his desk.

"Sorry for interrupting" I said. "No, its okay. Come here" Daniel said and pulled me into a hug, he held me close to him like he never wanted to leave me. Like this was our last moment. "Daniel what is going on?" I asked him, he looked at me with sad eyes. "The King knows" he breathed.

Those words rung through my head. The King knows, from what Clair told me the King didn't like his werewolves have human mates. Did that mean that he could kill me or even worse for me separate me from Daniel. "And now what?" I whispered not trusting my voice to speak louder.

"We don't know" his father said. "Daniel what does the letter say?" he asked him, Daniel pulled the letter out of his pocket, glanced at me once and read: It is a shame for one of the strongest werewolves in the world to have a human for a mate. Don't you think? -The King

Daniel's face was blank. His father's face looked worried and sad. "Do you think he is going to come here?" Daniel asked his father while his arm circled around my waist sticking me to his side. "I don't know, the letter clearly says he knows. We might have to wait and see" his father said.

Daniel and I nodded. "Let's get out of here" Daniel whispered to my ear and pulled me out of the office. We got into his car and he drive to the beach, we  got out of the car and walked along the beach holding hands. "Your meeting with the pack went well" he commented, "Yeah" I said. "Everything's going to be okay" he stopped and said, "I won't ever leave you". "You don't know that" I said.

His face looked hurt and disappointed, "I know more things than you know" I said, "Daniel if the King wants to he can separate us".  "I know, but that won't happen." he said looked convinced, "How? How are you going to stand against your King, you can't do that Daniel" .

There was a uncomfortable silence for a while, until Daniel decided to break it. "I love you" he suddenly said. I froze in my place not facing him until he made me to, his hands turned my face so I can see him "I love you so much" he said again, my heart skipped a beat and a warm smile spread on my face. "I love you too" I said and he smiled at me too, he leaned close to me and kissed me.

It was a lovely kiss, full of passion and love. It was like with that way he showed me all the love he has for me and with my turn I showed him how much I love and care about him. When we pulled apart neither of us knew what more to say. It was like with three words everything we ever wanted to say to each other had been already said.

We walked and walked still holding hands. We made small talk once or twice, but we mostly walked savouring every moment of our time together. I didn't want to think like we didn't have much time together, the King couldn't have that much power between mates.

Clair once told me that mates were a powerful thing, even the King didn't have that much power over them. So, that means that me and Daniel were safe.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Daniel asked me snapping me out of my daydreaming. "You know, stuff" I said. Daniel chuckled and looked at me, "Cathy. The truth" he said. "Just thinking about us. What we are going to do from now on" I admitted.

"We are going to be together" he says, I smile at him, knowing that he may be right.

After hanging around at the beach we decided to grab a bite. By the time we were back at the car my mom texted me saying my aunt Rosie had a little accident and that she and dad was going to visit her. "I can cook you know" I said to Daniel when we were in his car.
 "My parents are visiting my aunt and its pretty far, so you can come home and I can cook for you" I suggested.

He pretend to be thinking about it until a huge grin spread at his face and he said "I would love to".

In no time we were at my house. I unlocked my door and we both got in. I went to the kitchen and searched the cupboards trying to find something good to make. "How about spaghetti?" I asked Daniel who was sitting at the kitchen's table looking at me. "I'm cool with everything" he said. "You are not helping" I said and he chuckled, "Okay sorry, I would love spaghetti" he said.
"Really? You are not just saying it?" I asked again, "I would really really like spaghetti please" he said and made a cute face.

"Okay then" I said and started preparing spaghetti. I made a sauce my mom usually makes and made sure its tasty. Sometimes when I tried to make the sauce tasty turned out suck, but not this time.

"Dinner is officially ready" I told Daniel who just sat at the kitchen table this whole time looking at me. He offered to help, but I don't really like other people around when I try to cook. "Wow, you sure know how to cook" he said and I giggled. He was the first person except my family who told me this.

We ate and talked about lots of stuff. Like werewolves, their customs, their rules, everything that I should know about. He also told me that when we mate I was going to be Luna of the pack. His Alpha Female. Those two words brought Stephanie in mind, I could still hear the confidence in her voice when she said that she would be Daniel's Alpha Female.

I shook that thought away and focused back on Daniel. He was looking at me with a smirk on his face, "Daydreaming again?" he asked me, I smiled at him innocently and he chuckled. "You do that a lot lately" he commented and I just shrugged.

After dinner we watched some TV. The Notebook was on and I watched the movie without paying attention to anything else. Daniel was by holding me close to him watching me while I was watching TV. Occasionally he watched some Tv, but mostly he was just staring at me and smiled when I turned and looked at him. Each time he had that adoration look on his face that made me smile.

Around midnight when the Notebook was over he decided to go. "Maybe its time to go" he said, "What time is it?"I asked, "Almost midnight" he said and I nodded. "Okay" I said and we got up from the couch. I escorted him to the like a real host, "Goodnight" I told him, I was about to turn around and leave when I saw him lean in, he gave me a sweet kiss and whispered "Goodnight" I smiled at him and closed the door. 

I supported myself on the door, "Yes" I sung and did my happy dance. How did my life changed so fast? I was a nobody and now I am a soon to be Luna, have the best mate, but there's this King problem. Oh, who cares. I am happy and I am enjoying it..