Chapter 15

Clair and Jenni weren't so happy with my decision.

Jenni said she isn't against it, she just finds it weird and I slowly come to think that she is right. It's like I'm preparing myself to be a vampire.

Clair on the other hand knows what's it about. She said that she has read and heard stories about it and that it isn't pleasant. I know that already, I heard it from the King and I knew that a process like that couldn't be the least pleasant.

Daniel told me we were going to discuss it, but he hasn't spoken about it since we woke up. It's noon now and he is reading a book. I don't know where he found it, but he is hooked on it. I tried making him talk about it, but he kept shoving me off.

I should be offended, I mean I am his mate he should treat me better, but I know that he is trying to cope with everything that's happening. I know that he is also contemplating the idea of me having a werewolf already due to my father's nature.

Another strange thing is the way Jenni was looking at the King this morning at breakfast . Her look and actions are like she is flirting, but when me and Clair asked her about it she said that it is nothing. I highly doubt that, and the King he seems to be aware of it, because every time Jenni does something he watches her and talks to her kindly. Maybe something turn out with them.

 "Daniel?" I called his name, he was sitting at the small porch while I was sitting on the bed, in the room.

"Can you come in please?" I asked him innocently.
"Sure, baby" he says and comes in. "I want to talk to you" I tell him and watch him tense. "It's important and I want to  talk" I say again.

He sighs, but he comes and sits next to me. He takes my hands in his, "I love you" he says, "That's why I don't feel comfortable with you being in such pain. Damn I don't even know if you can keep up with it" he says choosing his words carefully. "If I told you that I wanted you to do it, it would be selfish. I can't watch you scream because you are in terrible pain and knowing that I cant make it better, it kills me. After all you might have a wolf inside of you. You might be a late bloomer" he says the last part slowly, almost like he finds it unlikely himself and pulls me into his arms.

"I love you too, that's why I want to do it. I want to live with you, Daniel. What do you think the King would do if I had said no?" I ask him. "He would have killed you" Daniel whispered and Ι could hear pain, and panic in his voice. "Exactly, I can do this Daniel and I want you to be next to me and hold me" I spoke truly.

He sighed and kissed my hair. "I would always be by your side" he said and I smiled and inhaled his heavenly scent.

At night we had dinner with the King. Just us and the King, who wanted to discuss some details with us. It was about the date of the change, where and even how. Apparently the King is the only one who can do it so it will happen somewhere deep in his chambers so no one can hear me scream. Daniel will be next to me, holding my hand throughout everything. The King said that Daniel could take some pain away, but only if we have mated first, something that we haven't even think about, but I feel that we will have to discuss about it soon.

After dinner, me and Daniel went for a walk at the King's gardens. Well, call them beautiful would be an understatement. As we were walking hand in hand, my mind was far away lost in those magical gardens. There were flowers of all type, and of all colours. Of course I loved the roses. There were pink, red and even yellow.

I could feel Daniel's gaze on me. Watching me while I was travelling through the gardens. "You look so beautiful tonight" he said making me blush, "It's true" he said again. "Thank you" I whispered.

"Do you want to talk about what the King said?" he asked sounding curious, "About the process?" I asked, "The pain" he replied. "What's there to talk about?" I asked him.
"Our mating Cathy" he said. I looked at him and saw that he was probably troubled. Maybe he didn't know how I would react. "What do you want me to say? That I don't want it because that would be a terrible lie" I said and I immediately felt a blush coming on my cheeks, from what I just said. Did I just told him that i want to sleep with him?

"So, you want us to mate?" he asked me and I nodded. I heard him letting a breath out, "Thank God, I thought you would say no"he said sounding revealed. "Well, I want to" I said laughing.

 We kept walking for a while, making small chats and sometimes we just walked hand in hand lost in our own thoughts. We went to our room late at night, I was feeling nervous, because I knew what Daniel probably waited for us to do. To mate....and I was ready. I was never one of those girls who thought that this would be a magical night only if this place had candles and flowers. I was just happy my first time would be with the man I love.

I was sitting on the bed while Daniel was taking a bath. He got out and saw me sitting, I knew he knew that now was probably our time. He came and sat next to me. He took my hand and kissed it, "You know I would never hurt you" he said and I smiled at him. "I know and I love you for it" I said and leaned in to plant a kiss on his soft lips.

He kissed me back intensely. His hand snaked around my waist and brought me closer, until I was laying on him. I was holding his upper arms while letting him feel all my love for him, through our kiss. His hands travelled on my body, touching me everywhere and kissing me softly.

I was feeling nervous and kind of awkward, but i was not scared. Not with Daniel. He took off my clothes and then his, we were about to move on when suddenly Clair burst into our room.

She didn't look shocked or anything, but again she didn't have time since when she got it she started screaming. "JENNI HAS FEVER" she yelled again and again, "And she looks pretty bad" she screamed again. "Okay okay, we are coming. We need to dress up go next to her" Daniel told her with his alpha voice.

We got dressed, I was worried about Jenni, but Daniel seemed kind of annoyed. It was the second time we got interrupted. We run to Jenni's room Clair was trying to make her calm down, but she still looked in terrible pain.
 "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY MATE?" the King said while running into Jenni's room. Clair looked shocked from the King's words, but he didn't pay any attention to her.

He went straight to Jenni and lied next to her. He took her in his arms rocking her back and forth. "Call the palace Doctor" he said to Clair and she snapped out of whatever she was thinking and run out of the room. Within minutes a doctor was examing Jenni.

He wanted the King out of the room, but he wasn't leaving so we stayed outside waiting. After a few minutes the doctor came out. "She has high fever and I am not sure why. Maybe I have the answer, but I have to be sure. Just make sure she is resting, I gave her something to put down the fever" the doctor said, we nodded and murmured "thank you" to him.

We peeked through the door and saw the King holding Jenni and looking at her lovingly while kissing her forehead. "Let's go back to bed" Daniel said and we went to our room while Clair went to hers.

"She will be fine" Daniel said when we were on our bed and he was holding me. "What was that?" I asked him, "I think I know what it is" he said. I looked at him wondering.

"Maybe it's because of the King. The King wolf is stronger and right now, his mate wants him and he wants her. He must have her soon, or else Jenni will get worse" he said truly.

"So, they must get together." I concluded and I felt Daniel nod. "They ruined our moment" I told him while giggling. He chuckled, "Yeah, but tomorrow is another day and I am not losing that day as well" he whispered seductively. He kissed me and I kissed him back. "I love you, go to sleep" Daniel said.

"I love you too. Goodnight mate" I said and he chuckled once more.  Tomorrow was another day or night, and we wouldn't lose that night.
The wait will soon be over.....