Chapter 10

The days that followed Clair and Daniel were constantly together.
 Sometimes they even missed school at the same day, so that meant that they were probably together. I tried to reach Clair, but she was never home and her mobile was off. Me and Jenni even went to her house, but nothing.

Daniel was more distant. He was with me and away from me at the same time. Sometimes I knew his mind was far away, probably traveling to a better place, someone else? I don't know.

Jenni told me not to worry, but that wasn't possible. Something was wrong and I knew it, it was so obvious and I hated the fact that no one was telling me. I even thought that they might see each other secretly, maybe Daniel likes Clair, who knows. Of course every time I said that Jenni would punch me, but I didn't care. That was a possibility. 

After two weeks of the same old thing, I decided that I had enough. I needed to know the truth, were they avoiding me, did they see each other, what the hell was going on?

I told Daniel that I wanted to talk to him about something extremely important so he was coming to my house after school. I also told Clair's mother to inform Clair that  something was wrong and that I wanted her at my house after school. 

Jenni and I were ready. I was going to talk and Jenni would support me. 

Daniel and Clair were at the living room sitting on the sofa whispering to each other, I took a few deep breaths and went to the living room with Jenni following me behind me. 

"Baby, what's wrong?" Daniel asked me, "What is going on? " I asked him right away. He looked at me confused, "Are you two together?"  I asked them and they both screams "WHAT?" with wide eyes. "I asked you if you are seeing each other secretly" I repeated, my voice breaking a little.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Daniel screamed at me standing up, "I asked you a question can you answer it?" I replied screaming louder than him. "Cathy what are you talking about?" she asked me calmly. "Wasn't I clear enough?" I told them. 

"I love you" Daniel said, "I could never be with someone else, you know that" he said taking me into his arms. "Then what is going on?" I asked him, he sighed and nodded his head."Sit down we have got to talk" he said.

My heart was pounding in my chest and I could feel sweat on my forehead. Daniel was sitting next to me and Clair opposite me with Jenni next to her. Jenni had a confused look on her face and I knew she was as curious as I was. "So, we've been distant lately, but we have a reason for it" Daniel begun saying. "The Wolf King knows about us and he wants us to visit him. I've been trying to hold it off or even cancel it, but I had not luck." he said.

I knew what that meant. The Wolf King possibly wanted Daniel to reject me and from what I know that hurts. I didn't care if I was in pain as long as I had Daniel by my side. "What are we going to do?" I asked, Daniel pulled me closer to him and I hid my head in his chest. "We won't go there. I won't let anything happen to you" he said.

I knew he was speaking the truth, but I can't live in fear. "Did you talk to him?" I asked him, "No, he sent another letter" Daniel said and pulled a letter out of his right pocket. I took the letter in my hands and opened it, inside with perfect letters a few tenses were formed. I would really like to meet you Alpha Daniel, you and your human mate. It would be my honor if  you accepted my invitation for you and your mate. I really want to meet both of you in person. -The Wolf King.

Suddenly I felt like I had a headache. He wanted to meet me, me and Daniel. The cruel King who separates mates. I wonder if he has a mate.

I don't know for how many minutes or hours I'd been sitting here. Daniel just sat next to me, holding me to him tightly. My friends were looking at me with worry and pity? I never wanted anyone to feel sorry for me.
That's when I decided it.
We would go and I would show that King that me and Daniel belong together.

"We will go" I announced. Daniel looked at me confused, "We are going to visit him. Show him that he can not separate us. Daniel you said so, we love each other, we are not going to let him destroy us" I said looking deep into his eyes. A small smile formed on his face, but it was soon washed away. "No, we are not going to go there" he said stubbornly. I sighed, but kept looking at him,
"You say you are not going to protect me?" I asked him, his eyes widened and faster than the wind he said "Of course I will protect you" he sighed, "Fine, we'll go" he said. I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me softly for a minute and then he whispered "I love you", I smiled once more. "I love you too".

We were going to leave this weekend, everything was set. The only thing that had left to do is speak to my parents. I didn't know what to tell them so Daniel said it would be better if we told them the truth. I wasn't sure at first, but he said that it was okay for them to know as long as they kept it a secret.

We were sitting on the sofa at my house, Daniel was holding my hand trying to make me relax, but it was no use. My parents walked into the house laughing at something my dad had said, when they saw us they smiled. "You must be Daniel" my mom said, Daniel shook her hand and my father's and sat back down next to me. "We have something to tell you" I said and everything that happened next was unbelievable. Daniel told them and showed them everything, by "showed them" I mean his wolf.

My parents nodded their head and didn't say anything. For a minute I thought that they will soon have a breakdown, but they didn't. They only said, "We know". I froze at my place and looked at them, my mom was staring the floor while my dad was looking at Daniel. Daniel's face was full of curiosity while he was looking at my father waiting for him to continue.

Mom raised her head and looked at me, "We never wanted you to find out" she said.
 "We thought we could avoid this", I felt my head amazingly heavy right now, I didn't know how to respond, I just sat there and looked at them. "We know everything about the werewolf world" my dad said, I turned my head to look at him and I saw the sadness in his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I asked them. "I guess, its time for you to learn about us" dad said.

"I am an old werewolf" dad said.
 "You are a what?" Daniel asked, "I am sure you know my story. You might not know my name, but you know that I denied my wolf to be with my human mate" he says, I saw Daniel's eyes go wide before he controlled his face again, he looked at me and smile.
 "What are you talking about?" I asked all of them. "A lot of years ago, my father told me a story about a werewolf who like us, had a human mate. The King wanted him to reject her, but he didn't, he loved her already and when the King tried to kill her, the wolf denied himself. He mentally killed his wolf." I gasped hearing that.
"This is our story" mom said, "Your father was a werewolf, and he denied himself for me".

I froze at my place....What?